• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 10th August 2.30pm AEST @ Suncorp,

dru

David Wilson (68)
Thanks to DP over on the AB Puma thread:

Then the boks subbed on Marx, Snyman and PTSD and shoved the AB pack around like babies. Ardie etc physically overwhelmed

We have Snyman and PSTD starting. Marx is joined by Kwagga in the Bomb Squad.

SO, I'm finding it silly to not recognise where we are coming from nor how the odds stand for this game. BUT in terms of standings we have nothing to loose. Literally. A loss to the Springboks has nil impact of the rankings. OTOH a win, albeit unlikely, would be massive. Not just nothing to lose but everything to play for.

The Wallabies are still raw, and a couple of key positions where we are not particularly settled, but still the guys standing up have real potential. I'm quite keen to see Gordon at 9 compared to White last time. I seem to be "on a limb" but I'm OK with Lolesio. I've really enjoyed watching Faessler build across the internationals. While I am more resigned than excited about Wright, the combination at 14/15 is doing the job. That is pretty much the key tactical positions covered. From there we need the set piece performing from front row (scrum) and jumpers.

On a personal note (Red glasses on) I'm seriously enthused about seeing Zane coming onto the field for that first scrum. Give 'em heaps, mate.

Who the fuck knows, stranger things have happened. Wallabies by 2.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
BUT in terms of standings we have nothing to loose. Literally. A loss to the Springboks has nil impact of the rankings. OTOH a win, albeit unlikely, would be massive. Not just nothing to lose but everything to play for.
You aren't wrong, but it took me two years to convince my kids to go to another rugby match after the SA Sydney sellout flogging.

Reactions: dru

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
I don’t really consider those…

*checks fingers*

Two…

Two things to be the defining representation of the hour or so he spent on the field.

Much like I don’t give that much weight to the missed touch finder from Gordon (who was one of the best on field) preceding that, which was immediately followed by Lolesio pilfering the ball back.
But what exactly did he do well to counteract these two pretty glaring issues for a test match 10?

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
What I said was those two errors were not the defining moments or overall reflection of his game.

And in doing so referenced another player, overwhelmingly deemed best on ground, who made the same error in general play a couple of minutes prior.

I'm not suggesting he was a superstar in the first test... far from it - he made some errors.

But was he "bad" as suggested? God no... he largely performed pretty well.
If Wales didn't make a slight engagement error at the maul, his poor kick that didn't find touch would have led to the Welsh taking the lead and being in the box seat to win the game. Not a defining moment? Little errors like that are literally the defining moments in games. That's why NZ win so damn much, they don't make those schoolboy errors

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
We boned
img_7642-jpeg.20175

Positive points for Aus:

- Boks often dont travel well.
- they struggle to give too many fucks outside of RWC.

That's it.

If that bok XV turn up with blood on the brain then Aus are completely fucked. 5"11 95kg Tizzano? Lolesio?

Completely.

Fucked.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Late Boks changes
RG Snyman had been forced out with a foot niggle. In the reshuffle, Pieter-Steph du Toit moves from the back to the middle row, Dixon moves off the bench to No 7, and Salmaan Moerat enters the matchday squad.