• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Georgia 20 July - Allianz Stadium 3.45PM

Alex Sharpe

Chris McKivat (8)
I love how Christy Doran has become the selection oracle of Australian Rugby.

May not be a bad tactic from Joe. Select guys who have previously missed selection and make sure that the 23 blokes who front up against Georgia have it all to prove.

Select the same 23 as the Wales Tests there may be a risk of guys failing to fully get up for the game because of a perception of a weaker opposition.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Some of the options being put forward have a genuine argument for being in the starting side anyway. I honestly expected slightly more rotation between Welsh games as Schmidt got to know his options.

Guys like Wilson, Frost and Lancaster could all easily end the season with 7-8 caps.

I'll be interested to see how McDermott goes. Gordon's accurate exits have been critical to both wins so I expect if he can't replicate that he'll struggle to dislodge Gordon as the starting half.

Yoda

Syd Malcolm (24)
Some of the options being put forward have a genuine argument for being in the starting side anyway. I honestly expected slightly more rotation between Welsh games as Schmidt got to know his options.

Guys like Wilson, Frost and Lancaster could all easily end the season with 7-8 caps.

I'll be interested to see how McDermott goes. Gordon's accurate exits have been critical to both wins so I expect if he can't replicate that he'll struggle to dislodge Gordon as the starting half.
They maybe choosing to play more off 10?

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Yeah exactly, it’s not like we’ve currently got an A team and are insulting Georgia by selecting a B team here. It’s all still being figured out.

Eddie's Eyebrows

Allen Oxlade (6)
Team for Georgia

1. Kailea
2. Pollard
3. Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Frost
5. Blyth
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Donaldson
11. Lancaster*
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Daungunu
15. Wright

16. Nasser
17. Hodgman**
18. Nongorr
19. Hooper
20. Williams
21. White
22. Lolesio
23. Kellaway

* Debut
**Potential Debut

whitefalcon

Dave Cowper (27)
Team for Georgia

1. Kailea
2. Pollard
3. Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Frost
5. Blyth
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Donaldson
11. Lancaster*
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Daungunu
15. Wright

16. Nasser
17. Hodgman**
18. Nongorr
19. Hooper
20. Williams
21. White
22. Lolesio
23. Kellaway

* Debut
**Potential Debut
so based on the numbers it seems T.Hooper is seen as more of a lock than a backrower and Williams is there to cover the backrow.

I wonder if Williams will be seen as a 6 now?

Eddie's Eyebrows

Allen Oxlade (6)
so based on the numbers it seems T.Hooper is seen as more of a lock than a backrower and Williams is there to cover the backrow.

I wonder if Williams will be seen as a 6 now?
Given Williams has started two tests in the second row and he has been named as a backrow replacement, it appears he's seen as both.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Solid team, chance for some of these guys to push their case

9th captain in the last 12 months is something else though. Just give it to McReight and be done with the merry go round
I think there is likely a reason McReight isn't being chosen. He doesn't generally captain the Reds either does he?

I miss Hoops...

Tomthumb

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think there is likely a reason McReight isn't being chosen. He doesn't generally captain the Reds either does he?

I miss Hoops...
Maybe, but he's captained teams before and is one of the few guys that is a painted on starter and plays 80 minutes. Surely a better option than having a new one every week