• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Georgia 20 July - Allianz Stadium 3.45PM

Tomthumb

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Its not like they are doing it on purpose...
Slipper isn't injured, and AAA has been on the bench the last 2 games, and when Wright had it he was quick to stress it wasnt a long term pick. Just feels a bit like 'hey, why don't you have a go this week'

I get it, but after the shambles of last year I just think sooner rather than later we need a single captain to start building this team

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think he wants Wright as the long term Captain? I agree that the next cab off the rank is Frasier McReight. He captained the U20s and is also a natural leader.
There is a a decent leadership group and it’s good if anyone can take the reins when called on. I imagine it will be clearer when the RC squad is announced assuming Wright is fit.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
New hooker. New caller. A prop that has barely lifted the locks. Only two jumpers.

Who's up for a lineout meltdown?
I think that’s all fair except the two jumpers bit. Both Valetini & Wilson can and do jump. Sure, they aren’t primary targets like Wright or Cale but they don’t need to be in attack. Both have good enough hands and Wilson in particular is quick enough into the air. Defensively might be another story.

Your other points are all fair enough but I guess it’s up to this group of players to get it right to push their case. Wilson & Pollard in particular have a lot to gain if they can demonstrate they can be part of a functioning lineout and that they can give Schmidt what he needs at the breakdown.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
If I was the Georgian coach I'd also be going hard at the Australia breakdown. There's a lot of attacking threats out, Valetini and Wilson will make inroads for sure, and McReight will be linking/backing up all over the place but I would be testing this backrow's willingness to secure their own ball.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Some of the options being put forward have a genuine argument for being in the starting side anyway. I honestly expected slightly more rotation between Welsh games as Schmidt got to know his options.

Guys like Wilson, Frost and Lancaster could all easily end the season with 7-8 caps.

I'll be interested to see how McDermott goes. Gordon's accurate exits have been critical to both wins so I expect if he can't replicate that he'll struggle to dislodge Gordon as the starting half.
I was disappointed with the speed of Gordan's service last week. He seemed to stand behind the ruck too long. Hopefully Tate just gets to the ball and shifts it quickly.

Also like that Donaldson likes to run before catching the ball, Noah doesn't move much before he receives the ball.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I was disappointed with the speed of Gordan's service last week. He seemed to stand behind the ruck too long. Hopefully Tate just gets to the ball and shifts it quickly.

Also like that Donaldson likes to run before catching the ball, Noah doesn't move much before he receives the ball.
In the second half in particular, he looked indecisive on occasions and was taking two or three steps before deciding who to pass the ball to, and putting those receivers under a fair bit of pressure. That specifically why I didn't rate him in the 3, 2, 1 after the match.

Reactions: dru

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Team for Georgia

1. Kailea
2. Pollard
3. Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Frost
5. Blyth
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Donaldson
11. Lancaster*
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Daungunu
15. Wright

16. Nasser
17. Hodgman**
18. Nongorr
19. Hooper
20. Williams
21. White
22. Lolesio
23. Kellaway

* Debut
**Potential Debut

It will be interesting to see where they plan to use Kellaway

15, 14 or 13?

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
He actually looked to handle the No 6 spot with more physicality the he did in the second row. Maybe running a bit wider allows him to convert speed into momentum in the contact.
True BR but we have a few decent 6's with Valetini there now and we need a big physical lock, let's see how he goes against a strong pack.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In the second half in particular, he looked indecisive on occasions and was taking two or three steps before deciding who to pass the ball to, and putting those receivers under a fair bit of pressure. That specifically why I didn't rate him in the 3, 2, 1 after the match.

What about in the first Wales test where he was the official MOTM and you still didn't give him any points?

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I base my scoring on a)which Super Rugby team they all play for, b) their haircuts c) what colour their boots are, like most others here
This is such a poor approach.

You've completely ignored "Is their headgear in the teams colours?", "Is their jersey tucked in?" and "Are their socks up or down?"