• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Georgia 20 July - Allianz Stadium 3.45PM

rugbyAU

John Solomon (38)
1 - Kailea
2 - Faessler
3 - TT
4 - Williams
5 - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6 - Wright
7 - McReight
8 - Valetini
9 - Gordon
10 - Donaldson
11 - Daugunu
12 - Paisami
13 - Ikitau
14 - Kellaway
15 - Wright

Last edited:

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
My side for this match, with a combination of still looking to produce a strong side, a bit of experimentation and some resting
Hodgman
Pollard
AAA (c)
Smith
Williams
Valetini
McReight
Wilson
Gordon
Donaldson
Daugunu
Stewart
Ikitau
Kellaway
Wright

Res:
Nasser
Kailea
TT
Blyth
Cale
Tate
Lynagh
Peitsch

With the bench getting plenty of time if we look to have it under control. By the way, I'm not overlooking Liam Wright, just want him 100% for the RC

Last edited:

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Apart from Wright for Wilson, (picking Wilson is nuts in my view) that team looks to be absolutely spot on. Pity there's no room for Gleeson, he looked OK last night but Valetini is just about the first person picked in my test team despite the rule about THPs.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Joe did imply in the post match presser that Wilson was close to being brought back in this week. Did he go around in clubland again, my interpretation the week before was that they wanted to make sure he was fit? I suspect he will be tried out further for Qld on Friday night though. There is room for Gleeson but it would be at the expense of Cale, he made good impact off the bench.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Changes I'd like to see are :

i) swap the starting and bench front rows. Maybe substitute Pollard for Nasser.

ii) bring Smith into the second row to partner LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and have Canham (I know he's not in the squad) on the bench.

iii) L Wright returns to 6 with Rob Valetini moving back to 8. Cale on the bench.

iv) Donaldson to start at 10 with Noah on the bench. Either White or McDermott (preferably) to start and the other on the bench.

v) Flook to 12 and Ikitau in 13.

Minimal change to the 23 but some shuffling to test different options. I think Canham has earned a chance as he has all round skills and would strengthen both the lineout and maul defence when he comes on. I am really keen to see how Kailea would handle a test start. He is massive in defence and looks to be a strong scrummager. Allan A is right back to his best form and offers a lot more around the park than TT.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
If Schmidt is going to back Blyth then this is a good game to start him.

I’d like to see Nasser & Nonggorr get starts too - but that’s 100% the Reds fan in me.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
White is more similar to Gordon. Tate gives more impact off the bench and changes up our game.

I think we are going to see Tate and Lynagh starting this one. JS has real soft spot for Lynagh and I reckon he is going to fast track him.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Watching Georgia against Japan confirms the Georgians are typically robust in the forwards. Most of them play in France. Japan had a red card in the first half(that stood for the whole game) and at the end of the game were down to 13 players for the last 10 mins with another yellow.
We should beat them comfortably but hopefully JS goes in with all our front 8 muscle.
They do not seem to have much x-factor in the backs although defensively they were good.

Reactions: dru

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
I’m not joking when I say Nic White should never play for the Wallabies again... And he box kicked away front foot ball. Again.
You get that all of his coaches have all told him to do this, right?

Coaches do not want us to run with the ball in our half in the last 10mins of the game on a wet night, while winning. They want the ball box kicked up the other end

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Even more than that, Strewth. Coaches have selected White/Gordon for their ability to implement that skillset.

ESPN stats guru had territory for Wales 2 at 38% Wallabies 62% Wales. Seems likely that the coaching team is going to be even moreso wanting that kicking in place.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
Completely incorrect - this was turnover front football in our half (or at the very least with the 40). He did his default little dink over the top that was caught on the full by their winger because it’s so predictable.

It’s not coaching because he’s the only player who consistently reacts like that.