• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v France - June 14 Etihad Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
had a look at the replay on why charles was upset at michelak and looks like a couple stamps on phipps head when he won the steal......mccabe looked like he did his shoulder again in that initial tackle.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well i'm a purist, and i love a great test tussle, but this was arguably one of the worst games iv'e seen.
on TV it might have looked a better spectacle, but live it really was dire.
the paper plane contest was the evenings highlight

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
some of the changes in the backline happened a bit late imo.
would have brought pphipps in a bit sooner to pick up the tempo with beale at 10..possibly mccabe at 12.
french forwards were much more intense as expected.

melb = part time supporters :p

Part time my arse! We always turn up to a wallabies match and we will have more attend than the wallabies match in Perth. Consider a pint on it, redeemable in Melbourne town.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Genia has shown nothing this year too suggest he deserves the spot.. White will be there and deserves to be.

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk
Nick Phipps is a great running and sniping fullback, but his pass is Burgessesque.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
uploadfromtaptalk1402751146560.jpg

What did Michael Hooper see at the presser?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Part time my arse! We always turn up to a wallabies match and we will have more attend than the wallabies match in Perth. Consider a pint on it, redeemable in Melbourne town.
Haha, we have the Springboks this year. 30K Saffers will turn up for a start and then a few Aussies. Unrucky. Best let hooly know where to pick up the pint.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
One thing to come out of the test is that Hooper is the captain and if you don't like it you can fuck off. When Foley and White were dicking around looking to kick to the corner for one of the penalties he made it clear who was in charge with his pointing to the posts gesture. He pointed and then turned heel. He'd made up his mind and wasn't going to be swayed. I liked it.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
I am not sure what game most people saw tonight nut I thought we were not willing to attack enough. When you are deep in your own half, sure kick (although we did not kick well the decision was correct) what bothered me was that in the first half we were in our half, God nd forward (only a metre or two per phase but still going forward ) and we would chuck it in and kick down the French throats after 3 of 4 phases. Where was tha patience. We made sveral half breaks, rretained the ball the kicked away against a defense that was not settled. As for competing at the breakdown I thought the French were well beaten there. Most of out ball was available quick but the delay seemed to be in where e would kick it rather rhrhran move it quick.

I we at the game and Tue first half goto me as wasted opportunity after another against a frenc side not willing to fight at the breakdown and not willing to attack. The second half was mucmh better from boy sides but again the french did not attac until
the last two minutes when the gas was nearly gone.

Wobsg were deserving winners but would not havey but any shudders down England, Souyt Africa or New Zealand.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Big difference from last week is the French wanted to defend and stifle our ruck ball doing it. Our cleanout wasn't accurate enough, and we couldn't string phases together.

Pretty much everyone in the backline had a shit game as a result. Only thing about White was on turnover ball, he kicked it away instead of trying to use it, but maybe no one was giving him options so not his fault, really. Foley had a quiet game (besides saving a try) but then To'omua, Kuridrani and the wingers were also largely absent. Folau played pretty well but was out of position a couple of times, and the French have him nothing to work with.

The whole team will be better for that result.

Kepu MOTM, no shadow of a doubt. Faultless at scrum time and dominated the French replacement even after sixty minutes.

Suck it, haters.

We won. We beat a top tier international side. And we did it with our balls out and spitting blood into the eye of the Gods.

This is rugby. Go watch basketball if you want big scores every game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
One thing to come out of the test is that Hooper is the captain and if you don't like it you can fuck off. When Foley and White were dicking around looking to kick to the corner for one of the penalties he made it clear who was in charge with his pointing to the posts gesture. He pointed and then turned heel. He'd made up his mind and wasn't going to be swayed. I liked it.
He seemed somewhat incredulous that at nil all after 50 odd minutes, the players were even debating it.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I am not sure what game most people saw tonight nut I thought we were not willing to attack enough. When you are deep in your own half, sure kick (although we did not kick well the decision was correct) what bothered me was that in the first half we were in our half, God nd forward (only a metre or two per phase but still going forward ) and we would chuck it in and kick down the French throats after 3 of 4 phases. Where was tha patience. We made sveral half breaks, rretained the ball the kicked away against a defense that was not settled. As for competing at the breakdown I thought the French were well beaten there. Most of out ball was available quick but the delay seemed to be in where e would kick it rather rhrhran move it quick.

I we at the game and Tue first half goto me as wasted opportunity after another against a frenc side not willing to fight at the breakdown and not willing to attack. The second half was mucmh better from boy sides but again the french did not attac until

Wobsg were deserving winners but would not havey but any shudders down England, Souyt Africa or New Zealand.

iPhone?

M

Moono75

Melbourne just delivered a shit test rugby experience. Failure to launch tonight.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

Mate are you speaking French ?

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.