• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v France - June 14 Etihad Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
ah screw em, i've watched some dire matches over the years but i don't actually consider that one of them, yes some of the precision was off but there wasn't an exorbitant amount of dropped balls or errors, it was just solid defence coupled with an unwillingness to attack.

Ive watched some games of 'attacking rugby' which were absolute dire because the flinging of the ball around was nothing more then glorified touch rugby. This game will assist the Wallabies significantly more leading into the Rugby Championship then last weeks game did. I thought it was a tight and competitive game, thats the type of rugby i find enjoying.

couldn't agree more..

man hug!!

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
That was a dog of a game. Loved it! A true test match and one for the purists. If you were a casual fan heading to the game to see something like last week I would be surprised if you didn't leave at half time but.

i think neutral supporters (and casual fans) just wana see the wallabies throw the ball around but they just werent able to tonight. still they did the right thing and just played for the win. good game heading into the rugby championship Id be a bit worried if we just got three free flowing games heading into the RC. Tonight was a good exercise in adapting to the game and digging the heals in

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
ah screw em, i've watched some dire matches over the years but i don't actually consider that one of them, yes some of the precision was off but there wasn't an exorbitant amount of dropped balls or errors, it was just solid defence coupled with an unwillingness to attack.

Ive watched some games of 'attacking rugby' which were absolute dire because the flinging of the ball around was nothing more then glorified touch rugby. This game will assist the Wallabies significantly more leading into the Rugby Championship then last weeks game did. I thought it was a tight and competitive game, thats the type of rugby i find enjoying.
It's only one or two. Most of us enjoyed that game.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
From twitter.

@iainpayten: Fewest points in a Wallaby win since 1958. First Wallabies win without a try since 2001.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Cannot wait for the 3rd game. Cannot wait

We've still got some great fixtures coming up, fellow rugby enthusiasts.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Anyway, only change for me for Sydney would be Genia in for White.
I felt White, under pressure, was rattled. He had a pearler last weekend mind.
White had fewer options - French were monstering the breakdown, our ball was less fast and clean a lot of the time, so our attacking runners were not always set so well, plus more back foot ball. He kicked OK, although our general standard of kicking from hand was mediocre.
I wouldn't bench White at all for that.
But McKenzie might tinker a little since we have the series, to see what others have to offer, so some changes might happen.

T

TOCC

Bring Genia off the bench instead of Phipps..

I thought White was ok, the thing with halfback is that they have their hands on the ball more then any other player, so statistically they are bound to make 2 or 3 mistakes throughout the game. So he will never have a perfect game, but i thought he played a decent game give the runners on offer and pressure he was receiving.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
@qwerty51 has already acknowledged he got that call wrong. Your outrage is late!! ;)
Glad I deleted my first draft then. ;) You know what they say but, "'tis better to have gone off half cocked and been late than never go off at all." Or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Anyway, only change for me for Sydney would be Genia in for White.
I felt White, under pressure, was rattled. He had a pearler last weekend mind.
But gets Motm from channel 10.. Go figure.. White played well tackle his arse off also run well and kicked well except at goal..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
some of the changes in the backline happened a bit late imo.
would have brought pphipps in a bit sooner to pick up the tempo with beale at 10....possibly mccabe at 12.
french forwards were much more intense as expected.

melb = part time supporters :p

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I saw White give someone a spray at one stage, was it our forwards in general or a player in particular? Anyone notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.