• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can confirm, mainly because Manly have an abundance of locks with Gower, Peterson, Neville, Sigg

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Chiming in a bit late but what a good looking side!
Congrats to Sam Carter. It is well deserved.
Expect fireworks when Horwill comes off the bench.
Sio unlucky to miss out on a bench spot but the Force's scrum has been very good this year. Will be interesting to see how our set piece is at the back end of the game with that reserve front row on.
Assume AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will revert to being an OC option when Tomane and Speight are available. His kicking ability will take some pressure off Folau.
Bring it on!

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not sure if this is official but read somewhere that Bastareaud may be injured, with Bordeaux centre Le Bourhis coming in

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I don't believe it. This is a game the Brisbane public can come out to where there is a good chance that their team will actually win for once.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
>30K for a Test is a rather sad state of affairs esp v what looks a fairly decent French outfit. FWIW I'll be doing my bit for trans-Tasman solidarity by cheering your blokes on from my lounge. Go you good things!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
It is a shame that Luke hasn't been given time at No 8 by the Rebels. If he covered 5, 6 and 8 he'd be a shoe-in in preference to either Horwill or McCalman. Think he has played 8 at Shute Shield level. Anyone confirm this?
its a shame he isn't playing 6 at the Rebels. McGahan may well have helped him progress by pushing him around at training, but has held back both his and the Rebels cause by keeping him in the second row IMO.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Apparently the ARU are projecting a crowd of under 30k on Saturday.

That is really very poor.

We never usually get massive crowds for the June tests.

First the tour is devalued as the NH side doesn't bring their "stars" in the weeks before they even get here

Second we jump from S15 to tests with little promotion

Third, we often fiddle with line ups through this series as well

So in Sydney they aren't even playing the game at Homebush, it is at the SFS where a smaller crowd looks better

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
It isn't because of Will Genia being dropped, but I do believe that the reds being utterly shit is a pretty big part of it.

If the reds are winning then rugby us on the minds of the populace, if they suck then rugby is not on the minds of the populace.

No one at my work knew that there is a test match on this weekend, but half of them went to the reds 2011 final.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
That's the most shameless headline writing I've seen since the last time I logged into Facebook, geeze.

Talk about a long bow to draw.

Shameless alright..the inference is either that a) the ARU were expecting ticket sales to skyrocket yesterday upon confirmation that Genia was running on, or b) that Queenslanders knew in advance and were not going as a result.
Someone pointed out that the marketing has been limited, I think there will be a spike in sales over the next few days as people plan their long weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.