• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So lots of Queenslanders are not going to rock up because their darlings aren't playing?

However you try to sugar coat that, it's poor form.

Bit of a dummy spit really.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So lots of Queenslanders are not going to rock up because their darlings aren't playing?

and also totally false. Genia isn't worth 10,000 people in the crowd.

If you actually read the posts, you would have seen there are likely many other factors including an overall apathy to rugby at the moment. It'd have nothing to do with the team chosen.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
and also totally false. Genia isn't worth 10,000 people in the crowd.

If you actually read the posts, you would have seen there are likely many other factors including an overall apathy to rugby at the moment. I'd have nothing to do with the team chosen.

You and all those other QLDers as well :)

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
The fact that Genia and Cooper aren't in the side, and Horwill didn't make the 15 must have knocked crowd numbers down to a degree. I didn't know Queenslanders were that parochial.

As an AB fan, I am personally very disappointed Cooper is injured. Foley might actually be someone who doesn't crack under the blowtorch.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
pOu9ey4.png

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cooper being injured maybe had a mild effect, but I doubt anyone had the foresight not to buy a ticket because they expected Genia to be dropped entirely and Horwill to be benched.

People who make knee-jerk, irrational decisions such as not buying a ticket to a game because they're favourite players weren't selected in the team generally don't think about things in enough detail to have considered that situation eventuating in the first place.

Far more likely to be:

Poor Queensland Reds season combined with a Bledisloe and two SoO games in Brisbane and generally poor consumer confidence all contributed to lower than usual ticket sales.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

When we consistently pull big crowds it's only due to opposition fans turning up but when a low crowd is predicted it's all the QLDers fault. That was a somewhat predictable view.

Why don't we wait and see what the figure is before we get all bent out of shape eh?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tickets to the Sydney game seem to be $25 more expensive than for the Wales tour in 2012 (for at least one category of tickets). Perhaps that is having a bigger impact?

Does any Brisbane person still have a ticketek email from 2012 to compare prices for the Wales test?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Wallabies vs Wales
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane,
Saturday, 9 June, 2012

Platinum $110.00

Gold $84.00

Silver - Adult $74.00
Silver - Concession $48.00
Silver - Child $37.00
Silver - Family* $148.00

Bronze - Adult $49.00
Bronze - Concession $32.00
Bronze - Child $25.00
Bronze - Family* $98.00

Wallabies vs France
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane,
Saturday, 7 June, 2014

Cat A $119

Cat B $89 (Go with mates package admits 4 $280)

Cat C Adult $79
Cat C Family $158
Cat C Junior $42
Cat C Concession $53

Cat D $49
Cat D Family $98
Cat D Junior $24
Cat D Concession $31

About the same really considering this event is 2 years later than Wales.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If we don't pull a biggish crowd I think it will be due to two factors.

1. General Rugby apathy from the Reds uninspiring season; and
2. France probably doesn't draw the ex-pat support that some other nations do.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So it's only Sydney that has had a significant prize rise. Presumably because the 2012 test was a sell out of very close to thanks to playing in a sub 45,000 stadium.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Maybe everyone's saving their cash to come back the following day for the Caxton Seafood fest? The smart ones would just sleep in Caxton street on Saturday night and kick on once the bands start playing in the morning after.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'd kill for a Rugby test against France in WA. We only ever get RC opposition or relative minnows like Fiji.

But it's a media beat up. You'll get high 30K's.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'd kill for a Rugby test against France in WA. We only ever get RC opposition or relative minnows like Fiji.

But it's a media beat up. You'll get high 30K's.
Couldn't agree more I'm sick of watching SA last years argi game in the rain wasn't very fun.

Give us a all blacks game subi would sell out and you would also sell out nib if they played it on the big screen.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Couldn't agree more I'm sick if watching SA last years argi game in the rain wasn't very fun.

Give us a all blacks game subs would sell out and you would also sell out nib if they played it on the big screen.

Although I'd much rather fly to Perth for a weekend to watch a Bledisloe than go out to ANZ, imagine the uproar from the east coast membership if they did that....one of the France games would have been good there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.