• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Hard to pick.............

Slipper, Fardy, Hooper, Palu, White and To'omua all excellent..........

Carter had a great debut..........

Folau, Kuridrani, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and the Badger all looked dangerous............

Aussie D

Desmond Connor (43)
think it will go to a back (media always seem to do that) - my guess Foley. (channel 10 of course g&gr 3-2-1 recognises forward effort)

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
Some interesting rugby, good defense for most of the game, the worst thing was the commentary, apart from the legend Gordon Bray, the ex players should never ever commentate on a game again

Aussie D

Desmond Connor (43)
I was replying to another poster when I questioned who Genia would come in for. Thought Phipps was good when he came on - lots of urgency and cleared the ball from the rucks quickly

Aussie D

Desmond Connor (43)
Ted it is Matt Burke what do you expect? Thought Stirlo was okay but it would be good if they got an ex-piggie in there

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Aus were excellent, France were atrocious. Aus set piece went well, scrum did very well until late on and had the best. Lineout was solid. Attacking patterns and broken field running were excellent.Clinical finishing and overall a lot for McKenzie to be happy about.

Couple of worries around the fact that France made easy metres through the pick and go and such a poor French team managed to score 2 tries.

France looked completely disinterested and disorganised. PSA should lose his job after that, he's not motivating his players and his team are getting worse, not better, as the RWC approaches. I think France will produce a performance as a reaction to this defeat but you can't keep going on like that. It shouldn't take being humiliated for your players to put some passion into their next performance.

As a neutral it was nice to see the skills on display by Australia today but in terms of excitement it doesn't come anywhere near NZ V Eng from earlier.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was replying to another poster when I questioned who Genia would come in for. Thought Phipps was good when he came on - lots of urgency and cleared the ball from the rucks quickly

Phipps' passing is still way too loose for my liking. It is good to have urgency, but accuracy is just as important.

On another note, I thought the second row combination of Simmons and Carter was outstanding. Their workrate was high, and Simmons was exceptional in the lineout. I see many more caps for Carter.

Status
Not open for further replies.