• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Squire and his constant winking at the camera everytime he thinks he is funny is very annoying.

I think that Underwood is quite good on a panel, Bosnich has a decent knowledge of Rugby and cricket to add to his Soccer background.

Mike Gibson was a pure pro and will never be replaced.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I don't think the current show is terrible. I like Crash, and Underwood, and Spencer and Boz. For an all-sports show it is OK. But compared to what it used to be it's garbage.

Offsiders is the only other all-sports show around, and it's OK but crams so much into the half hour that you get very little discussion or analysis. And they spend so much time on the ASADA stuff which bores me to tears.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
There is more in our media about the NZ rugby team, and the claims that one of those NZRT players can not recite the team list of their opposition.

Lift your game Aussie Media. Get excited FFS.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The way this thread has been going is a good indication of why there might be low crowd numbers on Saturday night. If the match thread on GaGR for the first Wallaby Test is constantly going OT to discuss dodgy panel shows then I think this is your barometer.

I keep forgetting that there's even a game on this weekend. I am acutely aware that I won't be able to watch a Reds game but that's where my thought process on the topic seems to stall.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I see there a bunch of articles circling about how the wallabies are going to "up the aggression" and "get physical" etc. I really wish the journos wouldn't do this to the wobs before even god damn test. It's like waving a red flag at a bull. Talking about how our team is going to be physical just fires up the opposition.

M

Moono75

I see there a bunch of articles circling about how the wallabies are going to "up the aggression" and "get physical" etc. I really wish the journos wouldn't do this to the wobs before even god damn test. It's like waving a red flag at a bull. Talking about how our team is going to be physical just fires up the opposition.

That tends to be before All Black games who then subsequently take offense and come out and shaallack us! Nice to see the journos spreading the love and including the Frogs this time.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)

It's all a big ruse, they're going to go out and play touch footy. That will really surprise the frogs, brilliant stuff, Link really is a master coach.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Seems to happen in a lot of games. happens a lot before we play the boks too...and England. I would prefer the team (and the aussie press) to stay silent on the issue

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
True Qwerty. But fuck that's what those sports journos signed on for. A life time of writing about nothing. why I could have never been a sports journo (despite the fact that I would have made a particularly good one :D)

M

Moono75

If they wanted to promote this game they should have had the Honey Badger fronting some comical TV ads. The ARU just have no idea how to promote themselves.

As for the game....well the Wallabies are going to tear the French a new derriere.........that's @SS to you Misure Froggy!

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Pfitzy, try these mate.

orig_malepants.jpg

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Too much info Pfitzy! I'm told there are absorbent inserts for those problems!

Getting back to attendance numbers, Mrs Doug reminded me today that Rugby tests at Suncorp Stadium often come with a large percentage of fans wearing elastic-sided boots, a sure sign that they are "country folk"!
With 70% of Queensland "drought-declared", many Wallabies supporters are doing it really tough at the moment.
I have relations, (on the other side of my family to Sam Carter), that have 50,000 acres in the Longreach district, who had to unload 2,400 sheep recently, with another 1,400 to be sold in the next few weeks, along with 90 of their best breeding Brahman heifers (in calf) to go in early July, because there's nothing for them to eat.
On a previous occasion, they have had to shoot 1,800 sheep which they couldn't afford to feed, and couldn't sell.

Sometimes, life sucks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.