• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
certainly thats why most locks sport it..IS, you are right..TWAS, not sure about that can find images of him without, but not sure of dates..

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep about locks. No headgear or tape - cauliflower ears and often tearing at the top of the ear. Ears taped - ears often tear at the point where the tape stops and under the ear lobe. Headgear - ears all good just a hotter head. Which is probably a good thing as my coach often said I needed to stop being such a gentleman and get a bit more hot headed.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I have already confessed to not really knowing anything about it but I'd still like To'omua to wear it!

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Lealiifano isn't playing for the Vikings this weekend which could mean he's in line for 12 for the Wallabies

Could be just precautionary as there are 3 scenarios (or a combination of) that could see Lilo at least in the 23:
1) Beale gets bushed
2) To'omua doesn't play
3) QC (Quade Cooper) isn't played

T

Train Without a Station

certainly thats why most locks sport it..IS, you are right..TWAS, not sure about that can find images of him without, but not sure of dates..

I remember Barnes wearing it dating back to 2007. Possible he never wore it playing NRL.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Elton Flatley wore one after his first few knocks as well but sadly it didn't seem to help much.
Maybe gave him a little more confidence?

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Just reflecting on the Concussion discussion I have a question.
Does anyone know how many No 12's we have lost out of the Wallabies starting lineup due to injury in the last 10 years?
I can think of at least the following;
Barnes
Flatley
McCabe
Horne? ( shoulder )
Faiinga (?)
Taps (?)
Fairbanks (?)

All smaller stature but all brave defensively.
Is there a pattern here?
Do we need bigger No 12's who can take some more punishment from the 110kg backrowers that are getting in their channel for both attack and defense?
Has Bob's suggestion of Kuridrani to 12 got some merit?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I don't think Tevita's build suits the 12 channel even half as much as it does the 13 channel. His height is a huge reason he is able to absolutely dominate outside backs - it wouldn't be nearly as much of an advantage running at or defending against 6'4" back rowers.

Nonu is the prototype 12 for mine with his lower center of gravity and stockier build more suited for running through heavy traffic.

I can't really think of many tall 12s who were very effective outside of Roberts and I guess SBW. Not that TK wouldn't perform at 12 - but I just think we will get much more mileage out of him at 13.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
If To'omua doesn't play I reckon it's got legs for this game because we are going to have to defend our arses off plus the other options are scarier

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Concussion is more of a momentum issue than anything, caps do little-to-nothing. Even full-blown helmets can fail at preventing concussion pretty easily.

Correct, it's the brain rumbling around inside the skull rather than the initial impact.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Heard the whisper that Matt T will be rested next week. With question marks over KB (Kurtley Beale), it certainly opens the door for Lilo

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Given what we know now about the long term effects of multiple concussions, players should be stood down IMO until cleared by an in depth and comprehensive neurological examination. (as opposed to the sideline/dressing room concussion test)

Status
Not open for further replies.