• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Chicken entrails at Chez Jarse were read tonight and they say that Lilo will be the starting 12.

Izzy will get tons of ball from the Lions kicking game. Don't worry about that.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Ok so the team seems to be firming up with Dennis and Horne released.

Robinson
Moore
Alexander
Horwill
Douglas (Dennis being released seems to indicate that Mowen is the preferred 6, and will therefore call the lineout).

Mowen
Hooper
Palu

Genia
Beiber

Folau
McCabe
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Cummins
Beale

Fainga'a
Slipper
Kepu
Simmons
McMeniman
Gill
Phiipps/Burgess
Barnes

Judging by the video footage of the Wallabies training shown on Rugby HQ tonight, I'd say that Lealiifano looks a better bet than McCabe at 12, and I'd choose only one of Simmons and MMM on the bench and add McCabe there.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Judging by the video footage of the Wallabies training shown on Rugby HQ tonight, I'd say that Lealiifano looks a better bet than McCabe at 12, and I'd choose only one of Simmons and MMM on the bench and add McCabe there.

We all think lilo should be there... I don't think theres one person here that thinks mccabe should be ahead of lilo or horne for that matter. But that 'opposed' session didnt have oconnor so it kinda puts everything out of context.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
We all think lilo should be there. I don't think theres one person here that thinks mccabe should be ahead of lilo or horne for that matter. But that 'opposed' session didnt have oconnor so it kinda puts everything out of context.

True, but only because Slim's man crush on McCabe has given way to deep and passionate love for Lilo. ;)

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Seems I'm the last holdout! I do think McCabe ahead of Horne, because McCabe makes better ground, everytime, has shown some superb lines (too occasionally, but he has), some offloads and breaks, and is a big game player. His rep is for defence, but Horne has stepped up there and its closer than it was. I don't buy the fitness argument, I think he's gtg.

I'd like to see Lilo play because I know what McCabe brings, what I want to see is if Lilo does create more width of threat with his movement and passing outside JOC (James O'Connor). But if we start getting cut up, crabbing (something JOC (James O'Connor) can be prone to if not well supported), or shut down by drift defense, we need a direct player and for me that's McCabe.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
With the squad now announced, should all future discussion about the make up for the 23 for the first Test be directed in the match thread?

Reactions: Tex

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The Chicken entrails at Chez Jarse were read tonight and they say that Lilo will be the starting 12.

If izzy is on the wing and Barnes is fullback, who so you think they will kicking to? :(

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Kurtley will be at fullback. If Sexton is niggled and the Coaches Son ends up doing the kicking out of hand it may well be anyone's guess where it is going to ;)

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
This team listed may not be the best team to run against the Lions but I believe it will be the most exciting to watch from a spectator and keen rugby follower:
  1. Ben Alexander
  2. Stephen Moore
  3. Sekope Kepu
  4. James Horwill
  5. Robb Simmons
  6. Dave Dennis
  7. Liam Gill
  8. Wycillf Palu
  9. Will Genia
  10. Quade Cooper
  11. Henry Speight
  12. Christian Lealifano
  13. Israel Folau
  14. Digby Ioane
  15. Adam Ashley Cooper

I do not know where to begin with this team - so many things wrong with it that the mind boggles....its almost like picking a team that you could not ever have and never would want to have

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
At least he's flagged it as a fantasy team!

There should be requirement here for 23 man squads to have a probables or possibles tag attached. Too many times i've misinterpreted people's fantasy Wallaby XVs as their prediction for Robbie's likely XV.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Not likely.

I'd much prefer Barnes 'running' back at me than Cummins.

If it's not a contested kick, invariably the person who catches the ball passes immediately to a support player in the back three.

By your logic, you'd want them to be kicking at Barnes so he passes to Folau or Cummins.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

Your chook must have been infected with Coccidiosis. I hope you didn't eat it.
I would wish your fondling of the entrails would prove correct but I just can't see it happening. McCabe to start and Barnes on the bench to cover 15,12 &10. I don't know that Lilo will make the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.