• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
My last flight to England was a BA/Qantas split and I was actually surprised by how much better the Qantas half was than the BA one.
BA has always been a little shitter than Qantas but because they’re poms they think it’s great. It’s fallen at an even greater rate of knots.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Wow, I cant believe Royal Flying Doctor Service is that low, who doesn't trust them?
probably the nurses and doctors working for them who are arguing they're underpaid

Not sure about QLD, but the aeromedical services in NSW are incredibly fractured in how they operate, who they're employed by, enterprise agreements etc. My partner was 'encouraged not to get pregnant' by a senior staff member because it meant she would have gone off-line, and doubled down and suggested it would impact on her contract as well.

They do some good stuff, but some senior staff at a certain service I won't name are proper misogynistic assholes.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Guys, this is the Wallabies thread. Please explain what relevance the legitimacy of RFDS has. No, please don't.
Our new Wallabies coach presented John Flynn (probably not the RFDS John Flynn) with a jersey.:)

Congratulations to John Flynn on being one of seven new referees who were recently promoted to the IRFU National Panel for the 2019/20 season. What an achievement to be part of the top 10% of referees in the country! John can be seen here receiving his jersey from Ireland's Men Coach, Joe Schmidt. Video clip and article can be found on the IRFU website.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Everyone links mullets and dangerous snakes with Australia also,‘doesn’t mean Wallabies should be sponsored by them.

I agree. I always thought that the mascot of the australian nation rugby team should be the eastern brown snake lol

img-1-1720354423658.webp

Everyone links mullets
Mullet is more Kiwi for me

Last edited:

wamberal99

Bob Loudon (25)
A neighbour of ours flies for QANTAS, I see him every day in our gym. He hated Joyce with a vengeance, especially when he sacked the ground crew. It is the Captain's responsibility to get the aircraft loaded and unloaded on time, which was impossible with untrained, casual staff.

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
Any word on whether or not Bell will be fit for the RC? I'm liking the structure of the forward pack that Schmidt is building, but the addition of Bell, Skelton and potentially Paenga-Amosa makes it so much more effective. Full strength, I think our pack would look something like this:

1. Bell
2. Faesslar
3. Tupou
4. Williams (I'm a big fan and I think Schmidt will persist with him as a 4/6 hybrid that so many other top teams are using)
5. Skelton
6. Wright
7. McReight
8. Valetini

16. Paenga-Amosa
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Salakai-Loto
20. Cale

Wallabies

Chris McKivat (8)
I think this next game, the winning margin can only get bigger. My point is, Wales are well and truly into their international season and theres not much room to improve in a short phase of time, regarding experimenting with new combos, new players and strategies. On the contrary, the wallabies will now have a bit more time under their belt, last weeks debuts feeling a bit more comfortable, and a bit more cohesion in attack between players. Obviously, this game could go wales way, theres no doubt about that. Im just saying this weeks game should be even more favourable for the wallabies with everything mentioned, as well as a boost of confidence for the side, knowing they've got what it takes against wales.

dru

David Wilson (68)
I think this next game, the winning margin can only get bigger. My point is, Wales are well and truly into their international season and theres not much room to improve in a short phase of time, regarding experimenting with new combos, new players and strategies. On the contrary, the wallabies will now have a bit more time under their belt, last weeks debuts feeling a bit more comfortable, and a bit more cohesion in attack between players. Obviously, this game could go wales way, theres no doubt about that. Im just saying this weeks game should be even more favourable for the wallabies with everything mentioned, as well as a boost of confidence for the side, knowing they've got what it takes against wales.

Repeat last week with one single line out off side placed back on side - and we have a different game. We would be mad, imo, to approach Wales being cocky.

I am unconvinced that Schmidt would be thinking to greatly increase sophistication in strategy or game plan. OTOH it is almost doubling the coaching time with the chosen 23 and things can or should only get stronger. For me, it's great to see the non-injury selections minimised and I expect both teams to make use of the extra time together.

I am more comfortable this time around but it seriously needs to be nose to the grindstone.

As an aside, as much as I like Tate/Tom I'm looking forward to seeing what White/Donaldson can bring to the party.