• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Any word on whether or not Bell will be fit for the RC? I'm liking the structure of the forward pack that Schmidt is building, but the addition of Bell, Skelton and potentially Paenga-Amosa makes it so much more effective. Full strength, I think our pack would look something like this:

1. Bell
2. Faesslar
3. Tupou
4. Williams (I'm a big fan and I think Schmidt will persist with him as a 4/6 hybrid that so many other top teams are using)
5. Skelton
6. Wright
7. McReight
8. Valetini

16. Paenga-Amosa
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Salakai-Loto
20. Cale
Only two lineout jumpers in that pack. If Skelton plays I’d have Wright at 7, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at 4, and Williams/Hooper at 6.

Homer

Fred Wood (13)
Any word on whether or not Bell will be fit for the RC? I'm liking the structure of the forward pack that Schmidt is building, but the addition of Bell, Skelton and potentially Paenga-Amosa makes it so much more effective. Full strength, I think our pack would look something like this:

1. Bell
2. Faesslar
3. Tupou
4. Williams (I'm a big fan and I think Schmidt will persist with him as a 4/6 hybrid that so many other top teams are using)
5. Skelton
6. Wright
7. McReight
8. Valetini

16. Paenga-Amosa
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Salakai-Loto
20. Cale
Bell will need a few club games at least before he is considered. I think they will be cautious due to the repeat nature of the injuries. Giving Kailea more game time will also be better for the team with depth in each position before the Lions get here. Has Paenga-Amosa played recently?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Just watching the Wallabies socials and I see that Harry Wilson presented Josh Nasser with his debut jersey.

Maybe it’s just me but that would seem to me almost cruel unless Schmidt was pretty definite he was going to give Wilson another cap soon. I have no doubt Wilson is genuinely thrilled for Nasser but still.

wamberal99

Bob Loudon (25)
Just watching the Wallabies socials and I see that Harry Wilson presented Josh Nasser with his debut jersey.

Maybe it’s just me but that would seem to me almost cruel unless Schmidt was pretty definite he was going to give Wilson another cap soon. I have no doubt Wilson is genuinely thrilled for Nasser but still.
Big boys don't cry.

Tomthumb

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Cruel? Why?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I think there is a strong chance Harry will be in the 23 v Georgia. He has popped up a few times recently in the rugby media, which is rarely coincidental, and Joe specifically mentioned him in the post match presser on Saturday as a player who was nearly picked, if not for fitness. There is an argument to send him around on Friday for the reds instead, but it’s clear Joe rates him and it’s more important to see if/where he fits into the Wallabies set up ahead of the Saffa tests.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Cruel? Why?
Because Wilson has been out of the Wallabies fold himself since he got dropped.

Given they have long history together it’s likely that his genuine happiness for Nasser exceeds any disappointed for himself. Still a bit bittersweet though.

I really meant that I felt it was very likely Wilson is going to get his shot. Cruel was probably the wrong word.

Last edited:

Tomthumb

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Because Wilson has been out of the Wallabies fold himself since he got dropped.

Given they have long history together it’s likely that his genuine happiness for Nasser exceeds any disappointed for himself. Still a bit bittersweet though.

I really meant that I felt it was very likely Wilson is going to his shot. Cruel was probably the wrong word.
He's only 24, he will get another chance. Just has to actually take it this time