• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
I would think the national coach providing targeted and detailed feedback to guys not only outside the squad but wholly unavailable/off the park is uncommon, at least to what we've seen previously. I'd happily be wrong about that, but happy Schmidt's doing it nonetheless.

Last edited:

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
On the face of it it sounds better than what was happening during the Cheika and even Rennie eras where there was often complaints about less detailed feedback that basically just work on your footwork or passing. Very early days still, but positive signs.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm stoked that he's providing that feedback. In my professional life I can't tell you how many times those conversations, where high quality feedback and planning is discussed, have paid massive dividends down the track. What Schmidt (and hopefully Cron, Lord L etc) is doing right now is perfect IMHO. Set your stall out early, be clear with the plan and expectations and bring the players along with you.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I’ve been out all day, when I jumped on this thread and saw 6 new pages I thought something exciting must have happened at RA.
If you deleted the postings re Marky M (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) , Eddie Jones, & Beale, you'd probably be lucky to have 1 page.
The first 2 no longer part of the Wallabies, and the 3rd probably over the hill & unlikely to wear the gold jersey again.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hopefully we are a bit beyond the days where the national coach would give someone feedback, and then their Super Rugby coach would play them in a completely different position, but I suspect probably not
I think the Super Rugby coach should play them where they fit into their team the best, not where the Wallabies coach wants them to play (or learn).

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Canham’s comments when signing with the Reds that he needs to work on his tight game would seem to echo those passed to him from Wallabies as well. Which I don’t disagree with, his ruck/maul work isn’t nearly as good as other aspects of his game.
Adam, I think his ruck work is fine, it is his contribution in the scrum and maul that needs to be lifted. That will come in the next couple of years and I think he could be a great lock with many natural skills and we don't have a lot of those.

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
If you deleted the postings re Marky M (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) , Eddie Jones, & Beale, you'd probably be lucky to have 1 page.
The first 2 no longer part of the Wallabies, and the 3rd probably over the hill & unlikely to wear the gold jersey again.
Oh dear - prophetic; saw Beale limp off for Randwick earlier - didn't look good.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
It doesn't matter he's too old for test rugby and shouldn't of been in the squad anyway just allows someone more deserving like Campbell to come in
Have some class mate, his career probably just ended. As much as I didnt really think he should make it, it's terrible news. His been a main stay for long time. And was playing good enough

People in line, probably Jock, Jorgensen, Petaia.. maybe even Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase)

Linerunner2023

Bill Watson (15)
The latest RA dilemma
So apparently Lalakai Foketi was going to turn out in shield for manly v gorden
But RA blocked the move as they want him to rest as a reserve to the 38 man training squad just incase
Like FMD no wonder we are hopeless and there is no connection between professional and club rugby - he should be playing rugby
Shute shield, QPR and John dent should have super player everywhere but there is very little

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
Have some class mate, his career probably just ended. As much as I didnt really think he should make it, it's terrible news. His been a main stay for long time. And was playing good enough

People in line, probably Jock, Jorgensen, Petaia.. maybe even Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase)
Good those are all better options

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
The latest RA dilemma
So apparently Lalakai Foketi was going to turn out in shield for manly v gorden
But RA blocked the move as they want him to rest as a reserve to the 38 man training squad just incase
Like FMD no wonder we are hopeless and there is no connection between professional and club rugby - he should be playing rugby
Shute shield, QPR and John dent should have super player everywhere but there is very little

suspect there’s more to this…
If Beale is playing SS, then it suggests it’s not a clear cut case of just blocking players.