• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
To mix metaphors, the glass might have been well over half empty when Rennie was coach but then Eddie arrived, told us that the glass was actually full that we could plainly see was almost empty and then proceeded to smash it on the ground.
I think the tears really started when they tried to fill the rose coloured glasses with milk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The absolute best (and only good) thing to come out of the McLennan saga was the story about being made to drink a glass of milk in a Lyon restaurant by a disgruntled Wallabies fan.

Tomthumb

Desmond Connor (43)
Completely agree. My issue is, if as claimed, he ignored guys like Rodda, Mark etc because of selection restrictions.
I find it hard to believe with as experienced an international coach Schmidt is, along with his good relationship with the GM, that he wouldn’t be able to pick the team he wanted. He’s been pretty clear from day 1 he views cohesion and organisation as more important than just picking bigger names

The prep is what it is with the quick turnaround. You can’t fit everything in in 2 weeks and trying to would probably make the players more confused. I’m guessing Schmidt will keep it pretty simple and organised for these games before getting the chance to build things on the EOYT. Schmidt is famous for being super organised, so i’m confident he knows what he’s doing. Also experienced with quick turnarounds with all the 6 nations he’s coached

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
how did he make the Oly 7s squad if he had such a bad year for the tahs? …. It’s almost as if they took in past performances …
Well - I never said he was bad. I said his form didn’t make his omission petty.

Given Corey Toole was also released to 7s (and I got the clear impression he would otherwise be in the test squad) maybe Marky M (Nawaqanitawase) hasn’t been snubbed at all.

Tomthumb

Desmond Connor (43)
I’m intrigued as to why that guy's whole family was drinking only milk after the Wales game, and why McLennan actually drunk the milk.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
homelander-milk.gif

Goosestep

Jim Clark (26)
League is so fickle a few months ago Angus Crichton was gonna be released by the roosters and Mitchell was considered washed up ..

would be nice to get Cam Murray and Patty Carrigan back in rugby too …

Last edited: