• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)
Mark was terrible this year, Tahs best performance of the year was when he was dropped. And the “best back at the RWC” is pretty funny, it’s like being the tallest Smurf, hardly an accomplishment

Either he just forgot how to play rugby or his heart really isn’t in it. Either way, I don’t see why he should be rewarded with a Wallabies jersey off the back of poor form and leaving the sport that invested in his development at the first possible opportunity

I guarantee mark has a better year at the roosters than Beale does with the wallabies …

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) bulked up too much over the off-season and lost a step. He was huge. Once he dropped a bit of weight towards the back half of the season and his pace improved he certainly seemed to be playing better and was worth a spot in the Wallabies I thought, but I don't really care too much that he wasn't selected without a contract for next year.
Strewth, Interesting I never heard that, maybe to impress his new employers?

DropGoal

Ward Prentice (10)
Sorry where the's inconsistency? He's painfully consistent. If you are committed to Australian rugby and merit selection, you're chosen. That's it.
I guess we’ll see if this pays off …

imo winning now is the most important thing , not the endless “building “ towards a winning culture that never comes .

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)

imo winning now is the most important thing , not the endless “building “ towards a winning culture that never comes .
Just because JS has chosen to pick Australian based players - how does this say he doesn't care about not winning now? From what I've seen, he's pretty pragmatic, but will still try for the win.

He's not another EJ (Eddie Jones) trying to spin his way out

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Under different circumstances a coach would probably select those departing players...

But Schmidt is effectively building a new team, and he's already talked about how he's probably not going to know who his best squad is until the EOYT.

Including those players is more of a hindrance for that goal.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

And it's this kind of mentality that saw EJ (Eddie Jones) brought back for the Wallabies.... smash and grab campaign mentality.

As if 'building' isn't a big part of what makes winning possible or more likely.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think Schmidt has been pretty clear in terms of how he's going to approach selection and I'm OK with it. He seems like a guy who knows how he wants to go about things and more importantly has the runs on the board to back it up.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would just pick McReight or Wright if he's starting.
Not convinced about Wright as a captain, McRight's focus, he's smart and constantly talking the guys up during breaks in the game makes McRight the obvious choice for me.
I did like Skelton and thought he tried hard.

DropGoal

Ward Prentice (10)
And it's this kind of mentality that saw EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) brought back for the Wallabies.... smash and grab campaign mentality.

As if 'building' isn't a big part of what makes winning possible or more likely.
Eddie Jones was literally the king of “ building “… what are you taking about ???

DropGoal

Ward Prentice (10)
Just because JS has chosen to pick Australian based players - how does this say he doesn't care about not winning now? From what I've seen, he's pretty pragmatic, but will still try for the win.

He's not another EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) trying to spin his way out
I just think winning asap is the most important thing to winning the casual fans back …

if that means overseas players so be it .. but that just me, and it makes no difference because the coach has a very different philosophy… so we shall see .

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I guarantee mark has a better year at the roosters than Beale does with the wallabies …

this is nearly impossible to measure. An apple to oranges comparison.

rugby union. If a tree fell in the empty woods would anyone hear it? (Great player doing good things in a game no one cares about)

All Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) needs to do is put a few tries down over goal line and interview good in the post game and the RL media will be all over the story of a Union convert

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I just think winning asap is the most important thing to winning the casual fans back …

if that means overseas players so be it .. but that just me, and it makes no difference because the coach has a very different philosophy… so we shall see .

Ultimately, the two biggest high profile omissions are wingers...

I'm not really convinced it's going to be the deciding factor on the Wallabies winning or losing to Wales and Georgia.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Eddie Jones was literally the king of “ building “… what are you taking about ???
Riiiight....

Bringing in EJ (Eddie Jones) with less than a year before the RWC is "building"

instead of keeping Rennie - who had ACTUALLY been trying to build for the RWC for 3yrs

"Building" became the bullshit excuse that suddenly appeared at the RWC squad announcement when guys like Hooper and QC (Quade Cooper) were left out

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)
Eddie wasn't rebuilding at first... and then he was...

Just like he was about experience and field position...

But then was the future and ball in hand.
He literally said he’s squad was building toward 2027 RWC…. not 2023 …he was super stubborn with this point from day one … that’s what caused all the controversy, there’s no arguing this …

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)
Riiiight....

Bringing in EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) with less than a year before the RWC is "building"

instead of keeping Rennie - who had ACTUALLY been trying to build for the RWC for 3yrs

"Building" became the bullshit excuse that suddenly appeared at the RWC squad announcement when guys like Hooper and QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) were left out
Yes , hooper and cooper should have been in the squad … hell they should be in it this year too…

DropGoal

Ward Prentice (10)
Riiiight....

Bringing in EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) with less than a year before the RWC is "building"

"Building" became the bullshit excuse that suddenly appeared at the RWC squad announcement when guys like Hooper and QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) were left out

so Eddie jones building bad … JS building good