• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Tomthumb

John Solomon (38)
Completely agree. My issue is, if as claimed, he ignored guys like Rodda, Mark etc because of selection restrictions. If he is responsible for those restrictions, he is culpable. If he has selected what he wanted and didn't want those guys, well excellent. If not then my view is it is a mistake.

The other issue is the level of energy leading up to this game. I just don't get a feeling of urgency to extend coaching impact and training time as much as possible. Selection announcement seemed a laconic process at best. We seem to be treating the game as if we are up against training quality opposition. Happy if it works. Otherwise it will without doubt have more than just a whiff of Rennie and Italy. Plenty of excuses, no reality.

I'm chuffed everyone is so confident and trust in their judgement.

I haven't changed my positive view of Schmidt as our HC. I am though wondering about some of the apparent implementation at this point.
I find it hard to believe with as experienced an international coach Schmidt is, along with his good relationship with the GM, that he wouldn’t be able to pick the team he wanted. He’s been pretty clear from day 1 he views cohesion and organisation as more important than just picking bigger names

The prep is what it is with the quick turnaround. You can’t fit everything in in 2 weeks and trying to would probably make the players more confused. I’m guessing Schmidt will keep it pretty simple and organised for these games before getting the chance to build things on the EOYT. Schmidt is famous for being super organised, so i’m confident he knows what he’s doing. Also experienced with quick turnarounds with all the 6 nations he’s coached

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
how did he make the Oly 7s squad if he had such a bad year for the tahs? …. It’s almost as if they took in past performances …
Well - I never said he was bad. I said his form didn’t make his omission petty.

Given Corey Toole was also released to 7s (and I got the clear impression he would otherwise be in the test squad) maybe Marky M (Nawaqanitawase) hasn’t been snubbed at all.

Tomthumb

John Solomon (38)
I’m intrigued as to why that guy's whole family was drinking only milk after the Wales game, and why McClennan actually drunk the milk.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
homelander-milk.gif

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)
League is so fickle a few months ago Angus Crichton was gonna be released by the roosters and Mitchell was considered washed up ..

would be nice to get Cam Murray and Patty Carrigan back in rugby too …

Last edited: