• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
Rodda is off to France from 1 July

Squad to be announced at 11am tomorrow

via The Roar
Disappointing re. Rodda

so that’s Porecki, Lonergan, Bell, BPA, Schoupp, Wilson, Toole, Jorgensen, Petaia and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) unavailable

And we’re still too stupid to think we don’t need to pick overseas players desire our super rugby teams being shit so Skelton, Samu, Kerevi, Korobiete also unavailable

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Disappointing re. Rodda

so that’s Porecki, Lonergan, Bell, BPA, Schoupp, Wilson, Toole, Jorgensen, Petaia and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) unavailable

And we’re still too stupid to think we don’t need to pick overseas players desire our super rugby teams being shit so Skelton, Samu x 2, Kerevi, Korobiete also unavailable
FIFY

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
And we’re still too stupid to think we don’t need to pick overseas players desire our super rugby teams being shit so Skelton, Samu, Kerevi, Korobiete also unavailable

If there’s any financial penalty for picking overseas based players (I.e their club release or first class airfare back from Europe/Japan)

then I have no problem with picking Aussie based players because the cost cutting exercise is real. Let’s save these wildcards for the games that matter (lions tour or world cups) not the June test window - just my opinion.

Linerunner2023

Bill Watson (15)
Disappointing re. Rodda

so that’s Porecki, Lonergan, Bell, BPA, Schoupp, Wilson, Toole, Jorgensen, Petaia and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) unavailable

It does seem odd doesn’t it I know he is trying to keep local but with the injury and unavailability list allready and not selecting the overseas guys there will be some interesting names selected in the squad and Joe will be go against it straight away to get wins with what he has
SA have won 2 RWCs selecting a large portion of their side from overseas picking from all that can be selected And even NZ is looking into it
We may get away with a win or two v wales or Georgia but NZ and SA I can’t see us being very competitive atm

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not good news about Rodda. He is so important. The area the wallabies will struggle is the same area the brumbies struggled. A forward pack that can get post contact meters. Who can the wallabies bring in to fix this ?Rodda would have been an obvious choice.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
From the way the report reads one of the issues was that RA offered an increased contract too late and they were also trying to get him to move to the Tahs.

In this case I think that RA can be forgiven for originally tabling a lower offer. He’s barely played the last 2 yrs and I think they can be forgiven for not offering big money until they were able to assess his form. Unfortunately by the time they did sounds like he’d already signed elsewhere.

Intrigued that they were trying to get him to the Tahs though. I would’ve thought strategically if would’ve made sense to let him stay at the Force and build some continuity. With Swain & Williams plus BPD, Dolly, Robertson, Hoopert being (hopefully) fit and Pearce another year under his belt their tight five could potentially be a whole different proposition next year