• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Sir Arthur Higgins

Dick Tooth (41)
I don’t begrudge too many of the players leaving
Last year was a shit show and this year is appearing really disorganized to me as well.
Waugh and co seem to be really hamstrung first with rebels and legal issues and now with tahs staffing issues.
Matt To'omua seems to have called it - the World Cup and lions aren’t a draw when the house is in disarray.
Obviously massive issues anyways but pretty astounding how bad a job Hamish did post Covid

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
From the way the report reads one of the issues was that RA offered an increased contract too late and they were also trying to get him to move to the Tahs.

In this case I think that RA can be forgiven for originally tabling a lower offer. He’s barely played the last 2 yrs and I think they can be forgiven for not offering big money until they were able to assess his form. Unfortunately by the time they did sounds like he’d already signed elsewhere.

Intrigued that they were trying to get him to the Tahs though. I would’ve thought strategically if would’ve made sense to let him stay at the Force and build some continuity. With Swain & Williams plus BPD, Dolly, Robertson, Hoopert being (hopefully) fit and Pearce another year under his belt their tight five could potentially be a whole different proposition next year
Would this be the case TSR? My understanding is that he was signed to the Force for 2025. He presumably wouldn't have been able to sign elsewhere until released from his current contract by RA.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rodda has had a pretty bad run of injuries, so can't blame him to go join a French D2 team that looks set to be promoted to the Top 14...

Where's he off to again?

Provence?

Who cares about Lions tours and World Cups and just the general shit show of Australian rugby when you could be living in fucking Provence.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
I think losing guys like Rodda is part of the problem with Australia Rugby, albeit with injury risk. Group him in with the like of Swinton, Hanigan, Holloway etc who create depth, experience and competition for Wallaby positions.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Rodda has had a pretty bad run of injuries, so can't blame him to go join a French D2 team that looks set to be promoted to the Top 14...

Where's he off to again?

Provence?

Who cares about Lions tours and World Cups and just the general shit show of Australian rugby when you could be living in fucking Provence.
He's joining Hanigan in Provence, who were minor premiers in the ProD2 but lost their semi against Grenoble who in turn lost their GF against Vannes. So, Vannes are now being promoted. Montpellier, despite all their billions, only won their relegation match against Grenoble by 2 points, narrowly avoiding being demoted.

I'll post more over in the NH thread but Vannes is a exciting story.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think losing guys like Rodda is part of the problem with Australia Rugby, albeit with injury risk. Group him in with the like of Swinton, Hanigan, Holloway etc who create depth, experience and competition for Wallaby positions.
It's certainly the problem with our Super Rugby teams

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
He's joining Hanigan in Provence, who were minor premiers in the ProD2 but lost their semi against Grenoble who in turn lost their GF against Vannes. So, Vannes are now being promoted. Montpellier, despite all their billions, only won their relegation match against Grenoble by 2 points, narrowly avoiding being demoted.

I'll post more over in the NH thread but Vannes is a exciting story.

More Teams in Northern France is good for the game.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
It's certainly the problem with our Super Rugby teams
In my opinion, the quality and player depth of the super rugby teams directly influences the quality of the Wallabies. Playing against and alongside quality/experienced players improves the players' surroundings. These aren't fringe Super Rugby players we're talking about here, they're players who have at times been considered best in their position for test selection.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I've been caught out before calling Bretagne Northern France but yes definitely north of the usual places and yes great for the game.
That's like Czechs being salty about being called Eastern European instead of Central. Yes, you've got a reasonable point that should be listened to in a broader sociological context, but the contexts people describe them as Eastern comes from being post-soviet states, not as one of the successor states of the HRE.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not going to be too many players missing out with a 36 man squad, and half the current players out due to injury or signing OS

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Australia is one of the greatest countries with the nicest beaches around the world. And at the same time you can play Super Rugby, test level, Lions tour and RWC...

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Not going to be too many players missing out with a 36 man squad, and half the current players out due to injury or signing OS
That's right. This is the easiest squad to guess I can remember. Half of the players who played Super Rugby and are available are there