• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think Donno has been great for us this year. His second involvements in set moves have elevated our attack. There's a bit of the old Mark Ella philosophy of "if I touch the ball twice we score, if I touch it three times I score" about it and I like it.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Does anyone know where Marika's home is now? Japan boys must be back in Aus. No availability excuse to not pick them.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
He should be picked if fit and wants it.

Probably on some sort of leave following the completion of season. Know more by mid June I'd say when we would have a majority of our local players done and dusted Club wise as well.

Yoda

Tom Lawton (22)
He should be picked if fit and wants it.

Probably on some sort of leave following the completion of season. Know more by mid June I'd say when we would have a majority of our local players done and dusted Club wise as well.
Is he still our best? I rate this young Ryan .. pace to burn and step and swerve skills. Put him in space and he beats most wingers. Marika just runs into contact. Different players. Nawaqanitawase still should be picked. Toole given a crack. Pre injury, I thought Harry Potter definitely a chance of Wallaby selection. Then either Kellaway or Wright depending on who first grabs the fullback spot. I don’t think Joe will pick Marika?

scrans21

Sydney Middleton (9)
Is he still our best? I rate this young Ryan .. pace to burn and step and swerve skills. Put him in space and he beats most wingers. Marika just runs into contact. Different players. Nawaqanitawase still should be picked. Toole given a crack. Pre injury, I thought Harry Potter definitely a chance of Wallaby selection. Then either Kellaway or Wright depending on who first grabs the fullback spot. I don’t think Joe will pick Marika?
I think we can lock Kellaway into 14 and Wright into 15, so the spot up for grabs is the 11 jersey and potentially 23 (if they want to go with an outside back on the bench). Toole and Ryan are the clear front runners considering Schmidt has said he will only select from within Australia for the Wales and Georgia tests, so the choice between them will probably hinge on their form in the finals. Personally I'd be giving both a crack at some point, but Toole is first cab off the rank.

Beattie

Peter Burge (5)
Schmidt will know his pack before his backline. His backrow will set his halves. Experience the key. These players will be his core subject to top fitness.

1. Slipper / Hodgman
2. Faessler
3. Ala'alatoa
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
7. McReight
8. Valetini
10. Gordon (goal kicking from the side)
12. Paisami
15. Wright (goal kicking in front)

HogansHeros

Bob Loudon (25)
Schmidt is the attack coach. I can’t see him not favouring the best attacking flyhalf in Australia. His execution in the 22 will put him in front.
He might be the "attack coach", but he will want to put a balanced team on the park. Donaldson and Lolesio have both shown this season to have a well rounded game which is probably what we need in a starting 10. Im a big fan of Gordon, and would love to see him come off the bench fresh with 20 to go to bring his attacking flair.

I like the way South Africa have approached their reserves. They dont try and cram all their best or most attacking players on the field at one time and make them play big minutes. I guess they do have more depth. Tupou is an example of a player that should always be an impact player.

Beattie

Peter Burge (5)
IMG_2193.jpeg

griffins

Watty Friend (18)
Schmidt will know his pack before his backline. His backrow will set his halves. Experience the key. These players will be his core subject to top fitness.

1. Slipper / Hodgman
2. Faessler
3. Ala'alatoa
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
7. McReight
8. Valetini
12. Paisami
Ikitau?

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

View attachment 19141If I read that correctly, Gordon causes more tries to be scored per carry than any other player?

Would this mean that his lower goal kicking percentage is not really that important? If he gets more 5's, then why worry about a couple of missed 2's or 3's?

How many points on average does his kicking cost compared to other 10's? 3 per game?

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
View attachment 19141If I read that correctly, Gordon causes more tries to be scored per carry than any other player?

Would this mean that his lower goal kicking percentage is not really that important? If he gets more 5's, then why worry about a couple of missed 2's or 3's?

How many points on average does his kicking cost compared to other 10's? 3 per game?
The context to this - this is World Cup stats. This shows Eddie's game plan. Optasports had Australia as the team with the worst backline in the whole comp.

Beattie

Peter Burge (5)
would surely be close to, if not the first name on the team sheet
Daugunu’s involvement pushes him ahead of Ikitau. Flook’s attack and execution in the 22 the best of the regular 13. Schmidt needs to know where his game will be played and have universal finishers.

Beattie

Peter Burge (5)

Scoring tries is the aim of the game.

griffins

Watty Friend (18)
Scoring tries is the aim of the game.
Brums refusal to pass him the ball hurts perception, but even with that said look at how many touches he's had in Brumbies tries over the last month. Makes the right decision all the time and creates/preserves space for his outsides better than anyone.

Dangunu I grant you is better at making his opposite miss though.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

1. Slipper / Hodgman
2. Faessler
3. Ala'alatoa
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
7. McReight
8. Valetini
12. Paisami
Has Wright ever goal kicked...and way to ruin Carter's average goal kicking by making him only kick from the side lines ..

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) hasn't played in months.. how you think his a nailed on starter is beyond me