• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Harry Potter getting capped for the Wallabies before Corey Toole would be the most ludicrous thing in the history of rugby
At this stage he's not capped - my uneducated read on this is that he needs centre cover. I had expected Schmidt to blood Sua'ali'i into the system by playing him in the centres for the A team. I was wrong, he is instead going to blood him as an outside back in the Wallabies. It's Sua'ali'i who will take Toole's cap, not Potter.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Pleased to see Edmed get rewarded for some good form in the NPC but it’s a huge step up to Test rugby. Lynagh was talked up here as the new messiah without having played a full Super Rugby season and that hasn’t gone too well. Patience with Edmed and our other 10’s is imperative moving forward. If our forwards can provide a good platform up front, then at least our 10’s will have something to work with.

?

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
Pleased to see Edmed get rewarded for some good form in the NPC but it’s a huge step up to Test rugby. Lynagh was talked up here as the new messiah without having played a full Super Rugby season and that hasn’t gone too well. Patience with Edmed and our other 10’s is imperative moving forward. If our forwards can provide a good platform up front, then at least our 10’s will have something to work with.
The messiah part is made up, the rest you’ve addressed yourself previously.
Lolesio, Donaldson and Lynagh were the form 10’s this season
-snip-
People here seem to think that we can throw an inexperienced 10 in the hot seat and all of a sudden they’ll be world beaters. It’s comical.

Last edited:

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
For the Edmed fan base, it would be wise to remember the NPC is a level below Sujper Rugby in NZ. How many players have jumped from NPC level into the ABs without proving they can handle Super Rugby along the way? I suspect it is likely to be zero, or very close to it.

Apparently Tane had a good NPC experience but he has not set the world on fire for the Tahs. It would be asking too much to expect him to suddenly be the one we've been looking for to fill the Wallaby No 10 spot. But I wish him the best if he does get a chance, None of the other options has really stepped up over the past couple of years, including young Lynagh at the Reds.

Tomthumb

Chilla Wilson (44)
For the Edmed fan base, it would be wise to remember the NPC is a level below Sujper Rugby in NZ. How many players have jumped from NPC level into the ABs without proving they can handle Super Rugby along the way? I suspect it is likely to be zero, or very close to it.

Apparently Tane had a good NPC experience but he has not set the world on fire for the Tahs. It would be asking too much to expect him to suddenly be the one we've been looking for to fill the Wallaby No 10 spot. But I wish him the best if he does get a chance, None of the other options has really stepped up over the past couple of years, including young Lynagh at the Reds.
So is the Currie Cup, and yet 1 good game vs one of their teams and Harry Potter has leapfrogged everyone

Tomthumb

Chilla Wilson (44)
At this stage he's not capped - my uneducated read on this is that he needs centre cover. I had expected Schmidt to blood Sua'ali'i into the system by playing him in the centres for the A team. I was wrong, he is instead going to blood him as an outside back in the Wallabies. It's Sua'ali'i who will take Toole's cap, not Potter.
Harry Potter played precisely zero games in the midfield this year

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
I saw Joe say that there might be a game next year before the Lions. Any news about this?

Think this might be the reference?
"We just want to make sure that we give him the best runway possible to try and get involved in the Wallabies.

"Part of it is that we play the Lions next year so if he doesn't debut on this tour, there's a very little window - maybe one opportunity - to play before the Lions and that would be it.

Super rugby regular season finishes 31 May. GF probably 21 Jun. 1st Lions test is 19 July. Not much room for a Wallaby game in there

Maybe he gets selected for the AUNZ XV at Adelaide Oval on the 12 July?

Wilson

Phil Kearns (64)
I saw Joe say that there might be a game next year before the Lions. Any news about this?
There has been some talk about getting something in from a few of the rugby journos on podcasts recently, but I don't think it's anything concrete yet. Most likely against a tier 2 side where we don't have to play our full strength team, which gives them a bit of leeway for scheduling on the chance any of our teams make the super rugby final and they need to leave players out.