• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
The Australia A starting backline looks like it'll be blokes who've all played for the Wallabies in the last 12 months or so.

Whereas the forward pack look like it'll mostly be young blokes who are going to debut in a gold jersey.

Not sure what to make of that really, but thought it was interesting.

Actually maybe not - Nasser, Nonngorr and Blyth all played Wallabies this year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Australia A starting backline looks like it'll be blokes who've all played for the Wallabies in the last 12 months or so.

Whereas the forward pack look like it'll mostly be young blokes who are going to debut in a gold jersey.

Not sure what to make of that really, but thought it was interesting.

Actually maybe not - Nasser, Nonngorr and Blyth all played Wallabies this year.

Tom Hooper, Lonergan, Swain, Reimer...

Actually the opposite... there's probably more test caps in that forward contingent.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Tom Hooper, Lonergan, Swain, Reimer...

Actually the opposite... there's probably more test caps in that forward contingent.
They all seem to be players on the periphery of the Wallabies main squad with realistic prospects of coming in through form or injury.

Generally appropriate Aus A options, really.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
I watched Wright training with the Reds last Tue. Has this injury occurred since? Or are they inferring he wasn't selected because of the previous injury?

If it's the later, and same shoulder, poor dude... There's only so many shoulder surgeries you can have, depending on what the actual injury is it might only increase it's chance of reoccurrence also.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
I watched Wright training with the Reds last Tue. Has this injury occurred since? Or are they inferring he wasn't selected because of the previous injury?

If it's the later, and same shoulder, poor dude... There's only so many shoulder surgeries you can have, depending on what the actual injury is it might only increase it's chance of reoccurrence also.
Re-injury last week. For them to not consider him for selection, you'd assume it's not a minor setback of a couple of weeks. You have to feel for him.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)

Shoulders and Necks have stunted a lot of careers. You worry he's creeping towards done.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Have they announced who Aus A will be playing? There's some young talent in there that needs game time, especially some of the Reds, hopefully they'll be able to jump in and out of the Reds touring party as well.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thoughts on Kerevi? I had thought he was past it but haven't heard how he was going in Japan.
He played the WC with no match fitness just over a year after doing his ACL.

He still doesn't have much match fitness, as he's only played a few games in early 2024, but at least he should be fully recovered from the injury

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It sounds like Sua'ali'i won't be in the frame for the English test, but might come off the bench following that game...

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/schmi...a-xv-spring-tour-grand-slam-response-20241022

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Edmed seems to have improved with the help of some Kiwi players. If you haven't read it:

Edmed credits the incredible backline at his disposal for rediscovering his confidence after a lean Super Rugby season.
“I had Bryn Hall at nine and he was massive for me just around leadership, communication and footy IQ. I was constantly picking his brain all the time and he was awesome for me,” he added.
“You then have Shaun Stevenson who was also great. He’s got 90-odd caps for the Chiefs and he’s an All Blacks so he was great.

“But that backline, they were unbelievable to have outside me. That was a lot of fun.”