• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This is a poor selection call, Bell has ambeen injured 3 times with the same foot, Slipper is a libility. I thought Hodgman played well in the Georgia game. Schmidt has called the team too late, no time to work together. I think we are in for a thrashing.

We are unlikely to see more than a couple of players who haven't been in the squad together for close to a month in the matchday 23 for next weekend.

Bell is our best LHP when healthy and showed how good he was soon after returning from injury last year. Whether or not he goes straight into the 23 is uncertain but if he's healthy again, I'd select him.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
We are unlikely to see more than a couple of players who haven't been in the squad together for close to a month in the matchday 23 for next weekend.

Bell is our best LHP when healthy and showed how good he was soon after returning from injury last year. Whether or not he goes straight into the 23 is uncertain but if he's healthy again, I'd select him.
I hope he doesn't get rushed back. We seem to have some able bodies at LHP at the moment so would only want to see him in the side if 100%.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
im guessing bell won't be available first up.

1. Slipper 2. Faessler 3. Tupou
4. Frost 5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Hooper 8. Valetini 7. Reimer
9. Gordon 10. Lolesio 11. Koroibete 12. Paisami 13. Ikitau 14. Kellaway 15. Wright
16. Nasser 17. Kailea 18. Ala'alatoa 19. Blyth 20. Williams 21. Mcdermott 22. Donaldson 23. Daugunu

rugbyAU

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
1. Slipper
2. Faessler
3. TT
4. Frost
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. Korobiete
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. kellaway
15. Wright

16. Pollard/Nasser
17. Kailea
18. AA
19. Williams
20. Reimer
21. McDermott
22. Donaldson
23. Daungunu

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
im guessing bell won't be available first up.

1. Slipper 2. Faessler 3. Tupou
4. Frost 5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Hooper 8. Valetini 7. Reimer
9. Gordon 10. Lolesio 11. Koroibete 12. Paisami 13. Ikitau 14. Kellaway 15. Wright
16. Nasser 17. Kailea 18. Ala'alatoa 19. Blyth 20. Williams 21. Mcdermott 22. Donaldson 23. Daugunu
For me, Wilson deserves a spot in the starting side after his game against georgia. Id put hooper on the bench

Last edited:

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
1. Slipper
2. Faessler
3. TT
4. Frost
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. Korobiete
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. kellaway
15. Wright

16. Pollard/Nasser
17. Kailea
18. AA
19. Williams
20. Reimer
21. McDermott
22. Donaldson
23. Daungunu
this is a good looking 23

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
Screenshot-20240801-061102-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20240801-061102-Ins-1.jpg

Last edited:

capalaba

Ward Prentice (10)

Disagree Bell is not our best LHP, Kailea is our best THP. Bell has not played any form of Rugby in weeks and Slipper is a shadow of his former self. I really believe Slipper is getting selected for stat purposes, he has been struggling.

Not impressed with this team and Schmidt's timing is an arrogant move considering we are up against the World Champions who have been training together.

I'm calling it now, Boks by +24 we should have been in camp at least a week ago. I hope I am wrong but we are unprepared.

Last edited:

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I doubt Bell gets a start. Maybe off the bench in the second test if he's going well. The backrow will be interesting. I reckon Uru will be in the mix. A great replacement for Wright offering a similar skill set but with the added ball handling. He could even play at 7 with Reimer on the bench.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I doubt Bell gets a start. Maybe off the bench in the second test if he's going well. The backrow will be interesting. I reckon Uru will be in the mix. A great replacement for Wright offering a similar skill set but with the added ball handling. He could even play at 7 with Reimer on the bench.
I dunno if that's a particular strength of Uru. He drops a ball basically every game I watch.

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
1. Slipper
2. Faessler
3. TT
4. Frost
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. Korobiete
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. kellaway
15. Wright

16. Pollard/Nasser
17. Kailea
18. AA
19. Williams
20. Reimer
21. McDermott
22. Donaldson
23. Daungunu
Happy with that side. If you are going to go with a bigger -#7 then springboks would be the team to do it against

I am concerned about the quality of our hookers. Hopefully by the end of TRC we have BPA and Porecki

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dunno if that's a particular strength of Uru. He drops a ball basically every game I watch.
He gets his hands on the pill a lot. He has been excellent for the Reds in the last two games and was a popular choice to be in the squad initially. I reckon we will see him in the next few weeks. He doesn’t mind mixing it up with the big boys either. With no Cale or Wright we need an option at 6 that is strong in the lineout and is another big body. Uru, Williams or Hooper

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
That's Dismal Pillock level of formatting, only without the irony.
The only controversial calls:

1- Bell cause we don't know how fit he's right now. At his prime he's the best LHP in OZ
2- Uru at 8
3- Toole over Koroibete and Toole has been the in form Aussie winger in Super Rugby this year and he deserves a chance and I want to see what he can do at this level

For me Rory Arnold and Skelton are still the best Aussie locks
McReight is out so both Reimer and Tizzano we don't know what can do at this level

There's no a top class fly half or first five eight. Lynagh, Donaldson and Lolesio aren't test level yet but at least Lynagh Junior can kick to the posts

Most of the calls are the safe options I don't see the Dismall Pillock team. Maybe you would have pick Tim Horan, John Eales and Michael Lynagh