• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Eddie's Eyebrows

Herbert Moran (7)
Terrible news with Fraser being injured. I thought he would have been a strong candidate to be skipper moving forward. He was one of Australia's best over the the three match start to the season.

Like-for-like I think Rory Scott is probably the best replacement providing both ruck pressure and linking in a bigger frame. I like Reimer, but he does seem like a jackal merchant and not much else. Gamble had a season to forget. Tizzano is full of endeavor and energy, but the step-up to international rugby is a big one.

I wonder if they will consider a more unorthodox backrow with either Hooper or Cale at openside.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Maybe Pete Samu could come in as coverage for Fraser?

Of the Aussie based players I would go Reimer for his impact on the ball.

What is Liam Gill doing?
Hows pistol Pete's form been? If hes fit and in form hes definitely better than local options IMO.

Proud Pig

Tom Lawton (22)
I assume that Wilkin is not fit. I would have chosen him as the replacement 7 as his game is probably closer to Fraser than anyone elses.
He is strong over the ball, hits up well and will make a ton of tackles.

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
Hows pistol Pete's form been? If hes fit and in form hes definitely better than local options IMO.
I suggest Samu here before and got shot down, he would be a good option but I doubt Joe will go there. I would go for Tizzano, you need someone to just put in the hard yards and Wilson/Cale and Bobby V can play a bit looser

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
As spotted on Instagram...
Kerevi supporting his partner (Brienne Terita) at the Olympics
Skelton doing preseason with La Rochelle

Perhaps we'll only see Koroibete come into the squad from the internationals.

I think clubs are only obligated to ensure that they are available for International training from 5 days before the test match.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I suggest Samu here before and got shot down, he would be a good option but I doubt Joe will go there. I would go for Tizzano, you need someone to just put in the hard yards and Wilson/Cale and Bobby V can play a bit looser
I love Tizanno's workrate but even for an openside he is rather small...

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
I think clubs are only obligated to ensure that they are available for International training from 5 days before the test match.
Yep. Clubs only need to make the players available in Australia 5 days before the match.
For the Southern release window, it can only apply for 6 out of the 8 weeks, so if Skelton (for example) was selected, his club could require him to return to France for the off-weeks in between the test matches

1722318446027.png

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
As spotted on Instagram...
Kerevi supporting his partner (Brienne Terita) at the Olympics
Skelton doing preseason with La Rochelle

Perhaps we'll only see Koroibete come into the squad from the internationals.

Kerevi has been back living in Brisbane for about a month prior to this. Has had several conversations with JS around the plan for him.

I would be surprised if he's not in the squad.