• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wales vs Australia, 5 November 2016, (1:30am 6 November AEDT) @ Millenium Stadium

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Game stats from BeIN replay
Possession: WAL 43% AUS 57%
Territory:WAL 41% AUS 59%
Clean Breaks: WAL 7 AUS 11
Defenders Beaten: WAL 12 AUS 20
Offloads: WAL 9 AUS 17
Rucks Won: WAL 83 AUS 112
Turnovers Conceded: WAL 17 AUS 14
Penalties Conceded: WAL 5 AUS 7

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Must have missed it in the build up but where was Gatland?

Isn't he contracted for The Boyos until the next RWC?

Good performance by the Men in Gold, but on 90% possession in the first half, they should have scored a lot more points than they did.

Loved the impact and work rate of Coleman and Arnold.

Did not miss the Foxtel Commentary Team, even though Brian Moore is a bit of a miserable bugger. Justin Harrison was good in the analysis booth at Oranges and after the game, but who designed that set? Looks like something left over from Countdown.

Arnold = Wobs MOM, Foley, Coleman on 2 points, Hooper, Hodge, DHP on 1 point.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Haven't read the comments yet but here is my initial 2c:

1) shoulda won by 50
2) 6. Pocock > 6. Mumm > 6. Fardy
3) Reece Hodge has a big fucking future

1) agree.
2) On last night's showing (and really over all the tests this year and prior) 6. Fardy > 6. Pocock >>> 6. Mumm.
3) Hopefully so, but needs to use his footwork and pace better.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
The Good:
Arnold, Coleman and Timani are more or less essential first teamers now. Absolutely immense.10/10.

Tight 5 doing so much more work around the park than at the start of the season.

Foley backed up his last Bled performance with another excellent one. Hard to go past one of the above for MotM but he was close. Now to fix his kicking for the bloody tee and he'll be back to last years form.

Cross-field kicks to Folau. Clever way to catch out a compressed defense.

Folau looked almost unstoppable. Hodge improved at 12.

The Bad:

Wales. Rusty, slow and missing 4 or 5 key players. You could tell. They can only get better.

Fardy is passed it. That flop onto the ruck straight off his feet was lazy and obvious. As was seen in the first half he's non essential to our line-out now as well which was solid (i think we even managed a steal?).

Simmons didn't offer much from the bench.

DHP had a shocker. Missed a certain try and threw a sloppy forward pass. Decent defensively at least.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thats pretty hard on DHP. He broke the line at will and his taking of the high ball was Folau 2014 stuff. He was in everything.

+ his cover D was excellent.

Not a perfect game, but he was busy. Can't say the same for Speight sadly, time to give Sefa a go.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Must have missed it in the build up but where was Gatland?

Isn't he contracted for The Boyos until the next RWC?

Good performance by the Men in Gold, but on 90% possession in the first half, they should have scored a lot more points than they did.

Loved the impact and work rate of Coleman and Arnold.

Did not miss the Foxtel Commentary Team, even though Brian Moore is a bit of a miserable bugger. Justin Harrison was good in the analysis booth at Oranges and after the game, but who designed that set? Looks like something left over from Countdown.

Arnold = Wobs MOM, Foley, Coleman on 2 points, Hooper, Hodge, DHP on 1 point.
Gatland stepped down after the June Internationals to focus on BILs duty. He's still got some small involvement, and will be back for November next year, but it's a big big Lions tour, both being New Zealand and potentially the last under the true tour formula, playing well in it is ever so important.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Forward dominance was provided by both locks and Timani at 8. Leaves a sour taste in the mouth as that combination could have been used from the tests against England but it took about another 8 relatively poor performances and injuries to get our coaching staff to recognise it.

Phipps showed much better running options than I've seen from him before, but still quite a few poor passes putting the side in some trouble. Welcome back Will Genia next week. Frisby's cover tackle to save a try at the end was fantastic.

Foley had his best game for a long, long time. Just might have something to do with more running options being provided by the outside backs. And at long last, he tried some kick passes to Folau out wide to break up the defense. Great to see some creative play from the backline. WIP but surely a reflection of the skills work being put in by Mick Byrne?

TK showed his best form at 13 for a while, though I don't think he was ever out of form as much as many here did. He was fairly consistently getting over the gain line against England and in the RC, just not making the line breaks and bullocking runs that he was known for. Still want to see the two Ks running at 12 and 13.

DHP was sublime, taking the ball in the air, making half breaks and his defense was strong. A couple of errors, including the dropped ball with the try line only a few metres away. A great complement to Izzy at the back. Henry didn't have many involvements, but that was the way the game played out. He was on hand in two of the tries and would have scored had it been required. His tackle to put North over the side line was good to see.

Izzy back to his best imo. Almost like having two players on the field, at 15 and as another winger. He was very busy.

A great start to the tour. Wales tried their usual game plan of kicking in general play to put the Wallabies under pressure, but they were repelled by both Izzy and DHP with their superior skills in the air, and then the ability to turn a defending situation into attack. Also great to see their air skills being used in attack as well.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah. Nah.

Apart from a very good tackle all I saw fardy do was give away 2 penalties and dive over a ruck as usual but lucky for him the ref missed it.

It's easy to see why mumm has been selected ahead of him but I don't want to start a mumm v fardy debate because ultimately I'd rather see a new face there ASAP

itd be a nice change compared to the cooper/foley debate ;)

interesting to see comments from nh fans who thought that foley had a cracker. personally i thought he played well, looks like his confidence is back but his boot confidence is still down.

still think he had an easy go off it though based on some work from the big units which was great to see.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Wallabies I thought played bloody well, but I wonder where the Welsh team was, not sure if it just me, but looked bloody awful today, I am guessing Edwards will be working on defence big time, and forwards may need to eat some raw meat before they play again! But that could of been explained by Wallabies just not letting them in game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah. Nah.

Apart from a very good tackle all I saw fardy do was give away 2 penalties and dive over a ruck as usual but lucky for him the ref missed it.

It's easy to see why mumm has been selected ahead of him but I don't want to start a mumm v fardy debate because ultimately I'd rather see a new face there ASAP

Nah, he got through a lot of good work in the second half...........

I wouldn't see any changes to the pack for the next test.

In the backline however Speight was noticeably quiet, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched.