• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wales v Wallabies, Cardiff, Nov 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I honestly have no idea how this one will go. The Welsh are really up for this as were Ireland last weekend. Difference is we're not the ABs(yet).

If we give them 10+ headstart we will struggle so I think the key will be to hold the scoreline within a penalty goal for the first half either way as I think we will have a good finish in this one.
Wales will start hard but the Wobs will know they will have 40 mins of their season left at half time. Thats easy motivation.....talent wise not much between them so it will come down to who finishes the mental battle better.
Reminds me a lot of the Lions series except we are the tourists with the end of season finale this time and our mental state is SO much better this time.
Wales still think they are the Lions by the talk thats being published and the disappoint will be great if early on we can show them that we are the new Wallabies not the ones we started the year with.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Less than 24 h to being proved wrong and a crushing last minute defeat (the welsh way) but I have the same feeling as before lions III, which I just watched again. Favourite moment of commentary was silence from kearns.

The gnome is strong

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I withdraw my quip regarding losing two centers. I was under the impression(wrongly) that we were going with a two back bench.
I still would prefer to see Gill on the bench in place of Dennis and maybe an outside back as well.
The starting 15 looks good and the bench should have an impact up front.
Lets hope we finish the year on a high. Should be a good test all around.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Based on this year's form under psa don't think you have too much too worry against France.

Trouble with France is whether they bring their A game or B one.

In RWC 2011 final against the AB's they brought their A game and should have actually (IMO) won the match.

They can be very good to poor - so hopefully theyt bring a P (oor) game mid next year.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Trouble with France is whether they bring their A game or B one.

In RWC 2011 final against the AB's they brought their A game and should have actually (IMO) won the match.

They can be very good to poor - so hopefully theyt bring a P (oor) game mid next year.
I don't think they have an a game anymore. Too many players in top 14 are foreigners. English football syndrome

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wallabies put target on Richard Hibbard after Wales hooker rubbished Australia's pack
COMBATIVE halfback Will Genia has hit back at Richard Hibbard, indicating a furious Wallabies pack has put a target on the Wales hooker over his comments earlier this week.

Hibbard said Wales would bring the same ferocity to this weekend's Test as the Welsh-heavy British and Irish Lions did in the decisive series finale, adding that Australia couldn't cope with the physicality.

"He is definitely adding fuel to the fire with everything he is saying," Genia said.

"The boys are up for it, that's all I'll say, they're very much up for it after all the talk that's gone on.

"What more motivation do you need than someone coming out and saying those sorts of things?"

It sets up a ferocious atmosphere for the match at Millennium Stadium, with both sides talking up their prospects throughout the week.

At a press conference Genia mocked Wales, whose players and coach Warren Gatland have addressed the numerous close losses against Australia recently, by saying: "The first step to dealing with a problem is admitting you have one".

Genia later said: "One thing I will say is that I've always gone into games against Wales confident, because of the recent history and recent success.

"The first time I played them was in 2009 and we haven't lost to them since.

"Whether [the close losses] leaves an emotional and mental scar I don't know, but we'll find out this weekend."

Read more:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby/wallabies-put-target-on-richard-hibbard-after-wales-hooker-rubbished-australias-pack/story-fni2g0wi-1226771627104#ixzz2m237DySI

If both packs turn up, this test is going to be absolutely brutal. Can't see the Wallabies playing tamely after being called out by Hibbard, and am expecting the Welsh to look to break the Wallabies hoodoo after the Lions tour.

In any case, go the Wallabies!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Brett Harris really does not like Quade Cooper, does he?

Harris is almost willing Cooper to fail, and got in early with a "I told you so" article. And don't forget the pro-Deans anti-McKenzie parts for good measure.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...absorb-pressure/story-e6frg7o6-1226771734946#

After admitting Cooper has played well in the last few games, Harris states it was because he was not under pressure. Here's the end bit:

Cooper was not under real pressure in any of these games, but that will not be the case against Wales in a Test which will define not just the tour, but McKenzie's first season as coach.

If McKenzie's careful management of Cooper brings out the best in him when it matters most, his faith in him will be vindicated. If not, it will mean that the Wallabies have learnt the same lesson twice at double the cost.

What will the headline say then?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is there a trophy (besides James Bevan) we can claim for beating the Celtic Unions if we win tonight?

And if not, can we invent one? The Stonecutters Cup perhaps.

And Harris does appear to be writing a lot of garbage lately. Win tonight and Link's back to 50%, we're scoring tries and heading into 2014, everything's coming up Milhouse!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Bret Harris can eat a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned.

Loving the chat in the lead up to the game though and I hope the Wallaby pack are in a filthy mood and really rip into it tonight. As Bairdy said it should be brutal.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
i have said it once i will say it again if push comes to shove the wallabies need to be willing to crack skulls…All black and books aren't afraid to pay the price of the yellow card for toeing the line and neither should we.

if hibard makes a run tonight i want to see some swinging arms, let consequences be damned, the wallabies need to let people like hibbard no that the bottom of a ruck can be a dark and lonely place.

But i am a bit old school

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
We don't need filth, but we do need to be prepared to cut blokes in half. I want to see the kind of forward performance that reminds me of Scotland v England in 1990, when the Scots won the GS with such a display of ferocity that blokes like David Sole and John Jeffrey looked ready to kill somebody. That's what I want to see tonight.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't think we should be scum. But the sight of retalick pushing james horwill back into the turf during the bledisloe and JH just taking it summed up the wallabies forwards attitude to confrontation at times.

Horwill shouldn't do anything filthy but he shouldn't let that shit slide

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Getting done by the Boyos yesterday in the Dubai 7's could be a sign.

The Optimism Gnome raises the Boyos hopes in Dubai, to dash them at the Arms Park in the full version of the game.

Wales must still be favourites for this match. Their backline is looking very dangerous, and 1/2p will kick goals from all over the field.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
i have said it once i will say it again if push comes to shove the wallabies need to be willing to crack skulls…All black and books aren't afraid to pay the price of the yellow card for toeing the line and neither should we.

if hibard makes a run tonight i want to see some swinging arms, let consequences be damned, the wallabies need to let people like hibbard no that the bottom of a ruck can be a dark and lonely place.

But i am a bit old school
This is a ridiculous comment. Australia has come along way since they used to break jaws in opening stanza to establish dominance. If someone does as you imply they deserve to be banned for life and I'd hope hibbard sues for loss of earnings. Hibbard is a great guy and second only to duplessis at the moment. Don't swallow the press beat up. They had to find someone to pick on. Gatland has been unusually quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.