• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wales v Wallabies, Cardiff, Nov 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The only problem I have with this Lineup is both Harris & Foley on the bench. They're both too similar players which leaves us with no Wing cover. Surely dropping either Harris or Foley and promoting Betham would have been the best solution!?

Otherwise why the fuck is the ARU wasting 5k on air fares to get him over there in such a time of financial difficulty!?

I'd drop one (Harris) and add Liam Gill to the bench. If a winger goes down, we put Hooper on the wing and Gill in at 7. Let's face it Hooper chases better than most of our wingers do anyway.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
You are on drugs right?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Well done Quade Cooper on his 50th cap

snapback.jpg

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That'd be a shame. Like hj said a few posts ago. Queuing for a pub, a ticket for a big game in Cardiff with roof closed and 70000 nutcases shouting and singing, back down the pub and finally late night chips and curry sauce in Caroline st should be on your bucket list.

I'm hoping to get over there and sample some of the atmos at RWC 2015. It's been on the bucket list to watch a game in all the 6N rugby cathedrals. I'd be a chance to knock two off in one trip if all goes well.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Dennis is a wasted selection. Better to be a little thin at 8 rather than 7. Fardy, Gill, TPN and Horwill could cover 8 at a pinch.
Also it would be nice to have Gill on at the pointy end to close out the match.

Not a bad side though. A couple of injuries in the centers would make it interesting.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well that's it for the big man Timani not named, au revoir Sitaleki.

Anyway, can not wait for this game. Hopefully we go out with a bang to 2013.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dennis is a wasted selection. Better to be a little thin at 8 rather than 7. Fardy, Gill, TPN and Horwill could cover 8 at a pinch.
Also it would be nice to have Gill on at the pointy end to close out the match.

Not a bad side though. A couple of injuries in the centers would make it interesting.

I think it's pretty clear that Link wants 6 and 8 cover as opposed to 7. I think he's picking a bench to cover for tactical replacements rather than injury cover which seems to be what the majority of coaches do now.

Is there ever a case when a couple of injuries in the centres wouldn't leave a team in disarray? You carry a maximum of three back reserves with one being a halfback. Losing any two backs is always going to make things tricky. If Australia lost both centres, Cummins would end up playing 13, Folau 14 and Foley at fullback.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
The 6 8 cover is more important, hooper is playing well at the moment.

While I'd have liked to see Gill get some game time Hooper's performance and the lack of from some of the other pigs means that events haveconspired against him.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm mighty impressed with the way the Link has taken it up to Gatland in the mind games, asking if Gatland is so confident in a Welsh victory and saying this time they're really going to give it everything rather than a dress rehearsal for the six nations, then why hasn't his side done it before. And that he's doing the talking cause he's a worried man.
Just gotta luv it.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I believe I saw some signs of improvement in Will's game last week in the second half. He especially put in a couple of great ground winning box kicks that we haven't seen for a very long time. I think he may be coming back into form If he is, I expect he will have a dominating effect on this game given the expectation that our scrum will be at least on par with the Welsh.

Quade should have first go at goal kicking to ease the pressure on Christian's injured ankle.

Will to have a blinder and the Wallabies to win by 10 - 12 after scoring another 4 tries.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Genia just needs to be more decisive in his decision making.

Almost all the times he gets himself into trouble is when he picks the ball up and then takes a couple of steps whilst he's still working out what to do.

He either needs to pick the ball up and pass it straight away or pick the ball up and commit to a run or kick.

His kicking was very good against Scotland but his passing and particularly speed of passing was still poor.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I like the team. The only change I would have made would be to drop Dennis and bring in Gill or McCalman. I don't know what it is that coaches see in Dennis that makes him get selected. Hopefully next year with Higgers back Dennis will drop out of contention once and for all.

If our forwards turn up we'll win. but not by much. Had we had To'omua and Kuridrani playing I would have been expecting a big win. Lets hope Lilo steps up and produces a strong performance.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
I honestly have no idea how this one will go. The Welsh are really up for this as were Ireland last weekend. Difference is we're not the ABs(yet).

If we give them 10+ headstart we will struggle so I think the key will be to hold the scoreline within a penalty goal for the first half either way as I think we will have a good finish in this one.
Wales will start hard but the Wobs will know they will have 40 mins of their season left at half time. Thats easy motivation.............talent wise not much between them so it will come down to who finishes the mental battle better.
Reminds me a lot of the Lions series except we are the tourists with the end of season finale this time and our mental state is SO much better this time.
Wales still think they are the Lions by the talk thats being published and the disappoint will be great if early on we can show them that we are the new Wallabies not the ones we started the year with.

Status
Not open for further replies.