• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
We had a heap of guys in the last Wales Test in excellent form who are either not playing (Cooper, Fardy) or not in nearly as great form (Tomane, Simmons, maybe Folau). Sure I have missed a few, too.

That Lilo try off the Kepu tackle was brilliant.

I don't expect the Wallabies to be as good as last year, so I suspect we may just get beaten. It depends on how good the Welsh team play.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
North at 13 is what I would be looking at. Great tackler but we are talking about a completely defensive read to that of a wing. I think Kuindrani in the form he is in can get right on top of him.

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
We had a heap of guys in the last Wales Test in excellent form who are either not playing (Cooper, Fardy) or not in nearly as great form (Tomane, Simmons, maybe Folau). Sure I have missed a few, too.

I don't expect the Wallabies to be as good as last year, so I suspect we may just get beaten. It depends on how good the Welsh team play.

That may be true but I still expect the Wallabies to win this game.

Wales havent played a test since June in South Africa, a number of their key players are out of form / lacking game time. Lydaite is a shadow of his 2012 form, Halfpenny has been underpeforming lately too.

The Welsh team will be gym fit with all their training camps in Poland, but I reckon the Wallabies are match fit and this will come through the longer the game goes.

Wallabies to win by 16!.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
You mean those two that cant possibly be hung on his shoulders?

First one, kiwis had an overlap, what is he supposed to do, mark two men? Carter took one player, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was left with Read and Jane, hwo is it Carters fault if he's not fast enough to be able to cover such an overlap. He actually did very well and would have got Read, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) actually didn't need to come in and leave the line open to Jane. Tough call on either player though.

Second one was purely Foley jamming in, not drifting. He jammed in, when Carter was covering across to take Barrett, and left the gap for Coles to take. You cant say it's Carters fault for then not being able to cover Foley's channel.

Look at them again. Carter never got into position early enough forcing his outside men to lose trust in his ability to make the tackle. Second one was the worst - you can't look at that vision and tell me he was running at fastest to get to where he should have been. It was barely a jog.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
For the second one I am talking about his effort to get into position before Foley jammed in. Looked very lazy.

P

Paradox

Cooper again showed in that game that when he's on song, his performance level is superior to that of other 10s in Oz.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah in Bled 3, I too picked Carter as the slow midfield defender who made the AB's try scoring opportunity, which frustratingly they almost always ruthlessly take.

The Cory Jane try happened right in front of me at Suncorp and as it was unfolding I saw Read just pick out Sam and just go for it on the outside forcing AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to commit. There was no overlap that wasn't covered by a simple drift.

One thing though Scotty, it wasn't the fact that he made AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) lose trust he wouldn't make the tackle...He literally would not have IMO. He was poorly positioned and got absolutely burned by Read.

P

Paradox

Look at them again. Carter never got into position early enough forcing his outside men to lose trust in his ability to make the tackle. Second one was the worst - you can't look at that vision and tell me he was running at fastest to get to where he should have been. It was barely a jog.

No that was a Foley miss.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
North at 13 is what I would be looking at. Great tackler but we are talking about a completely defensive read to that of a wing. I think Kuindrani in the form he is in can get right on top of him.

If I were Cheika, I'd have told the boys to direct 80% of their backline attack at North's channel, but have the angled runners all coming in from outside. IE any ball that heads towards North's channel has 3 possible receivers, one going in, straight, and out, and just do it all game.

Every 3-45th time, mix it up with whatever goes, chip over the top in behind him, inside switch play on the 12, crossfield bomb to Folau (with Kuridrani positioned as though he'll receive it, on the other side of the field.

Use our bloody brains again!

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)

The second one, I agree, he wasn't moving fast enough. Foley still shouldn't have jammed in, and he created that try by doing so. If he hadn't Carter still would've got Barrett. You could say it was his fault for not tracking fast enough, but it's splitting hairs.

The first was just a pure 3 v 2 overlap, expertly exploited by Read.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If I were Cheika, I'd have told the boys to direct 80% of their backline attack at North's channel, but have the angled runners all coming in from outside. IE any ball that heads towards North's channel has 3 possible receivers, one going in, straight, and out, and just do it all game.

Every 3-45th time, mix it up with whatever goes, chip over the top in behind him, inside switch play on the 12, crossfield bomb to Folau (with Kuridrani positioned as though he'll receive it, on the other side of the field.

Use our bloody brains again!
I agree with these tactics,unfortunately that is more a QC (Quade Cooper) style than it is Foley's.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Bloody nervous about this one. Just feel like Wales are due after we have picked their pockets over the last few years.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Great venues. Great atmosphere. But you can't beat Loftus Versfeld as the most awesome stadium name possibly in any sport.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Mexico checking with nachos, beer and hope we will extend this hoodoo over the welsh. Think the 6 - 2 split will work for us, just pray there are no backline injuries.

Wallabies by 10.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
No wife for the weekend either. Hens weekend. Figure she will need a new liver. The drunk dial I got earlier confirms that.

Status
Not open for further replies.