• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wales v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well IMHO its been so long since he played starting THP at Test level, that is too tricky to call.

But Tomikin said it: stop pissing around and let's put guys where they play.

mate - agree but who else is there in the mix right now. - noi-one in the squad I reckon

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With two props on the bench, why are we bothered anymore by the bench prop who can play both sides?

It doesn't really matter in a specific game so much but in a squad with 5 props, it does provide more flexibility to the team you can select.

It's also a potential benefit for a RWC squad for the same reason.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
dont forget his prodigious amount of pointing
cheika-657x448.jpg

cheika_3093311b.jpg

1413705872785.jpg

Australia-Training-Sessio-011.jpg
needs more attendant note takers. He'll never make it to Dear Leader status.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I reckon we're going to skullfuck the Leekists. Defence to be a little tighter, attack to click again, and Wales to be no match.

Wallabies by 15+.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
FWIW your blokes are 13/23 & a draw in Wales* & $1.62/$2.35 on sportsbet.com although I see the line us only 3.5 which seems rather short c.f. the H2H odds.

*FWIELW (for what it's even less worth) you're 26.5/37 v them overall.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
May I remind you that Hodgson came on in the later stages against the ABs, when we were in front on the scoreboard, and how did that turn out? If he is on the bench, he should only be used as injury cover for Hooper. Two 7s at the end usually won't work, and the problems could be exacerbated this game with a light 6 in McMahon playing as well.

Sure. But I would more put that down to the minimal impact other bench players (primarily Horwill, Alexander) had. Hodgson wasn't brilliant- but he tackled hard and won some turnovers and was easily the best of the bench players. If Hodgson did come on, I would have him replace McMahon rather than McCalman. But hey, like I said, I am in two minds about it. I'd also really love to see what Luke Jones can do. Maybe McMahon has inspired him because I remember Jones being very average against the French in the little time he had.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I wasn't meaning to attribute the loss entirely to Matt Hodgson. It is more that I am not a fan of two 7s being on the ground at the same time. Maybe, it's as others have pointed out that it brings about a loss of balance, but I really think it hasn't worked as a rule.

Therefore, I wouldn't like to see Hodgson come on at 6. The only situation I'd see him being effective coming off the bench would be to play 7 if Hooper goes off. Certainly, if he replaces McCalman, we will have a very undersized backrow and could be in awful trouble.

And if we happen to be behind in the last 15 - 20 minutes, I can't see having an extra smaller bloke on being much help at all.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Quade has dropped off the bench. Assuming all reserves get used, what would the finishing team look like?

1. Faulkner
2. Hanson
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Skelton
6. Hodgson
7. Hooper
8. McCalman
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Lealiifano
13. Kuridrano
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Folau

I'm not sure I like Skelton, Horwill and Hodgson on the bench. I'd much prefer Skelton on when Fardy or Higgers is available. If that's the finishing pack good luck in the lineout and scrum.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Cheka won't necessarily use the whole bench..once the fresh locks are out there we may see one of the starters go to 6..depending on the score hodgo might give hooper a spell at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.