• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Video: Judiciary looks into Rhodes collar and Deysel throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think the Kiwi bloke was quite within his right to lay a shot or two, but the ref and/or judiciary would also have been quite within their rights to card and/or suspend him. I could understand why either of the two victims in these cases would want to put paid to the perpetrators. I would be livid.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
I believe both are by far the worst act of foul play we have see this year anything less than eight weeks for Deysel will not reflect on the six week given today. The retaliation even though it goes against previous hearings is justified imo.

M

Maroon Army

As irritating as Tom Carter can be for opposition fans, I believe he deserves a lot of credit for his reaction, or lack of, to that gutless act.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
You have got to be fucking kidding me.

"Durban - Sharks flank Jean Deysel has been suspended for two weeks after being found guilty of foul play by a SANZAR Judicial Hearing held in Durban on Tuesday.
Deysel was cited for a dangerous tackle on Waratahs centre Tom Carter during their Super Rugby match last Saturday. He received a yellow card for the offence.
SANZAR Judicial Officer Peter Ingwersen SC found Deysel guilty of contravening Foul Play Law 10.4 (e) for dangerous tackling of an opponent without the ball.
The Judicial officer concluded that this was a lower end offence and ruled that Deysel receive the minimum sanction of two weeks.
Deysel will miss the Sharks' upcoming away clashes against the Cheetahs (Saturday, June 4) and Lions (Saturday, June 11).
"

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
"dangerous tackling of an opponent without the ball."

Brilliant. Genius.

This is the mother of all botched judiciary rulings.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, clearly Tom Carter should have belted the shit out of him, since the judiciary have applied the wet lettuce leaf. Where do they find these ass-clowns?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Well, clearly Tom Carter should have belted the shit out of him, since the judiciary have applied the wet lettuce leaf. Where do they find these ass-clowns?

A place full of idiots with questionable ethics and morals called the bar.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Rorey Sidey who got 4 weeks for that botched come spear tackle on Ndungane would be livid. Where is the recognition of the difference between accidental and intentional.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
2 weeks doesn't sound anywhere right after the other guy got 6. Carters one was worse wasn't it?

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What a fucking disgrace. Are they really that completely idiotic? I want to punch the whole judiciary, any donations for a ticket to the Republic? I'll write a blog post about it...

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
You guys sound suprised with this outcome? hahah it has/always will be corrupt.
I agree Deysel's was disgraceful, as was Rhodes (how bad did it look in slow motion). But Piatau deserved a few weeks suspension, doesnt matter what happened beforehand, he gave 2 hooks to the back of the head and started a all in brawl, surely that is foul play?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Whilst on the topic, does anyone remember last year, Chiefs vs Tahs when Nathan White unleashed several punches on Al Baxter who looked to me as he did nothing to instigate it, I thought it was an absolute disgrace and red card worthy but nothing seemed to happen, not even a suspension.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY3VJ8XoMbE

Status
Not open for further replies.