• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
One name I don't see from previous squads is Drew Brndusic. Does anyone closer to the form guide know why he didn't get a ticket to SA?

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
One name I don't see from previous squads is Drew Brndusic. Does anyone closer to the form guide know why he didn't get a ticket to SA?
Drew is a mate of my sons.

He plays Tight Head for Gungahlin Eagles in Canberra.
After making the extended u20 squad that trained together in Kangaroo Valley (sth of Sydney) he was not chosen in the squad that played on the Sunshine Coast in May.

Unfortunately he was not included in todays announcement but continues to be a dominant force in the ACT comp moving up into 1st Grade a couple of times this season.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Drew is a mate of my sons.

He plays Tight Head for Gungahlin Eagles in Canberra.
After making the extended u20 squad that trained together in Kangaroo Valley (sth of Sydney) he was not chosen in the squad that played on the Sunshine Coast in May.

Unfortunately he was not included in todays announcement but continues to be a dominant force in the ACT comp moving up into 1st Grade a couple of times this season.

Thanks for that. I know his Dad from Melbourne, and he had high hopes for a selection. Seems like there's some good TH talet out at the Eagles too, with another fell U20 players also sharing the position with Drew.

I think Drew's sister plays down her, too, for Powerhouse.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Happy to see Joe Dillon named. He’s a genuine 10 who I think will be available next year as well.

Few big moments for NSW 18s v QLD last year.

Size in the forwards might be the draw back of the squad but there’s a good backline there if conditions can be alright. Cant be worse than last year.

Stevenhutchings

Stan Wickham (3)
With the rebels downfall. Rumours surrounding Joey Fowler linked with nrl team the bulldogs have arisen. This would explain his absence from the 20s squad.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
With the rebels downfall. Rumours surrounding Joey Fowler linked with nrl team the bulldogs have arisen. This would explain his absence from the 20s squad.

A shame. Saw him in action down at Quins vs WA. Looked really good at 10 and thought he'd be a good understudy for CG..

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Bulldogs wouldn’t be signing him to a top 30 deal though. They could probably put him in the EPS/NSW Cup for as much as he’d get in Rugby not being a current senior Super player though.

Raytah

Chris McKivat (8)
Bloomfield, Alatini, King all favoured at tighthead. Bloomfield and Alatini probably autopicks based on prior U20s form. I havnt watched all of them, but King has been good in a couple of recent QPR games.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_1554.jpeg

Are we in the hardest pool? Italy beat the French during the 6 nations as well.

Doesn’t feel right calling it an upset when the Georgia win 45/17…