• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Lions: 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Tyrone Green, 13 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 12 Lionel Mapoe, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Ross Cronje, 8 Ruan Vermaak, 7 Cyle Brink, 6 Marnus Schoeman, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Rhyno Herbst, 3 Carlu Sadie, 2 Malcolm Marx (captain), 1 Sti Sithole. Substitutes: 16 Jan-Henning Campher, 17 Nathan McBeth, 18 Frans van Wyk, 19 Wilhelm van der Sluys, 20 Stephan Lewies, 21 Nic Groom, 22 Hacjivah Dayimani, 23 Sylvian Mahuza/Wandisile Simelane

Sharks: 15 Curwin Bosch, 14 Lwazi Mvovo, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Robert du Preez, 9 Louis Schreuder (captain), 8 Daniel du Preez, 7 Jacques Vermeulen, 6 Luke Stringer, 5 Hyron Andrews, 4 Ruben van Heerden, 3 Coenie Oosthuizen, 2 Kerron van Vuuren, 1 Tendai Mtawarira. Substitutes: 16 Fez Mbatha, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 Thomas du Toit, 19 JJ van der Mescht, 20 Philip van der Walt, 21 Grant Williams, 22 Kobus van Wyk, 23 Aphelele Fassi

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^ yeah, saw that this morning & immediately thought "oh dear God, WTF are they thinking?" but that said WTF is the rest of the Cheechee business community not doing to allow it to happen.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
^ yeah, saw that this morning & immediately thought "oh dear God, WTF are they thinking?" but that said WTF is the rest of the Cheechee business community not doing to allow it to happen.

Yeah, well it just a name for a stadium, I not sure why anyone is worried. Do we have to have a stadiums with bank/insurance company names to keep us happy?

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Ardie Savea is an incredible athlete.

Geez UTG, that is an understatement! What an incredible game of rugby, just finished watching it as only caught the first half before going into Reds game last night, and after watching it I have to say I almost feel sorry for people that don't follow our game. It was so good, I could of handled the Cane's losing I think.
Apart form Ardie, I thought both Fifita and Frizell both made pretty good statements re AB selection, I personally think Frizell looks more like an AB everytime I see him, but Fifita was bloody good also, Flakey luke went bloody well at 8 too!
I can say I was almost exhausted when I left at halftime last night, and feel the same this morning, no wonder the players talk about those NZ derbies feeling like Test matches!
Can I also add I really enjoy Ken Laban's commentary, another who loves the game, and has watched a lot of these players at secondary school level etc!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^ match of the Round, hands down. Started watching Reds v Stormers but turned it off 20-odd minutes in it was so dire by contrast.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
That's easy for you guys to say 'cos your teams play at stadiums that aren't named for a business 99.9% of the population know nothing about :)

C'mon WOB, do you really need to name to be of a well known business, and Forsyth Barr is hardly a well know business (in fact who are they?), and doesn't seem to worry anyone!!

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
C'mon WOB, do you really need to name to be of a well known business, and Forsyth Barr is hardly a well know business (in fact who are they?), and doesn't seem to worry anyone!!

Huh... there you go, I always thought Forsyth Barr was some bizarre name of a suburb in Dunedin.

Also, I enjoyed the sharks clinical dismantling of the Lions. Shorkies backs are quuuuick.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Can I also add I really enjoy Ken Laban's commentary, another who loves the game, and has watched a lot of these players at secondary school level etc!

Not even a hint of bias, just loves rugby for the sake of rugby and gets excited over any good bit of good play regardless of the team.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The SA conference is just crazy! Last week the Sharks were at home to the Bulls and lost by 3.The week before, those same Bulls capitulated to the Chiefs and lost by 40. This week the Sharks go to the high veldt and dish up the Lions 6 tries to 1. The Lions were top of the conference. Week to week form means absolutely nothing!

Anyone doing well in the tipping comps is either a certified genius or is picking results with a coin.