• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Chiffs do the business in diveball country. Just barely though despite a zillion% 1st half possession.
Jags are still good for coughing up an unforced handling error to gift the ball back at a dumbarse time.
And it wouldnt be the jags without them pirouetting in a "not the face, not the face, I think I may be blind oh its ok I'm completely fine now" diveball hollywood.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Very happy with that Blues win.

That defensive effort was something else. Forward pack stood up against a serious onslaught too. Tuipulotu had another blinder - this time as a starter.

Very enjoyable to watch this young group grow. Old fellas like SBW and Nonu sure as heck made an impact too!

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Chiffs do the business in diveball country. Just barely though despite a zillion% 1st half possession.

Jags are still good for coughing up an unforced handling error to gift the ball back at a dumbarse time.

And it wouldnt be the jags without them pirouetting in a "not the face, not the face, I think I may be blind oh its ok I'm completely fine now" diveball hollywood.

Good game to watch. I liked the female NZ commentator, nice to have a bit of a change for once. Got a bit sick of old white men drone on about how actually that player's dad went to school with the coach's uncle who had a fish n chip store where the ref used to eat. Also, she peeled off Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi's name with zealous accuracy.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Very happy with that Blues win.

That defensive effort was something else. Forward pack stood up against a serious onslaught too. Tuipulotu had another blinder - this time as a starter.

Very enjoyable to watch this young group grow. Old fellas like SBW and Nonu sure as heck made an impact too!

You should be happy Kiwi, I watched it in pub last night on way to Reds/Rebels game, so watching a replay now, and getting a few things confirmed from what I noticed last night. Akira Ioane is starting to really play to his potential, and is looking like he going to be AB maybe for WC, Robinson at 6 is continuing to be very good works his arse off, but to top it off for me the best of the loose 3 was Blake Gibson, that boy looks like another McCaw/Cane type 7, he was my MOTM. I said before season I thought Blues loosies were going to be good, but that set up with Papalii on the bench is f***ing seriously good I think. Throw in PT going so bloody well, I think if they get a 9-10 combo that clicks with the backs they got , they could beat anyone.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah Dan54 good call on Gibson. Nice to see him get some games under his belt after having so many injuries. He's not the biggest guy but he is very accurate and has terrific rugby nous.

I'm not getting too carried away - I think the Blues could be vulnerable next week against a Tahs team that seems to play well after a loss and this game taking a lot out of the Blues who won't have Rieko.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Who's the ranga breakaway for the Orcs? Looked the goods. I've not seen much kiwi action thus far, how has he gone this year?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Re: the Chiefs, there's a guy who comes into work every Tuesday & he's been bagging them all season, saying "Cooper's gotta go" etc etc. I missed him last week as I was in transit back from Melbourne but I'm really looking forward to chatting with him tomorrow :).

Currently six un-Australian teams in the top eight:

1. Crusaders 24 points
3. Lions 18
4. Hurricanes 19
5. Bulls 17
6. Sharks 16
8. Blues 15

On those Standings the two Strayan sides (Rebels & 'tahs) would play each other in QF3 with QF1,2 & 4 being Crusaders v Blues, Lions v Sharks & 'canes v Bulls, respectively.

https://super.rugby/superrugby/

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Today the hosts Paul Roos are up against Napier Boys High School. Should be a cracker.

Day 4 Results
Affies vs Christchurch Boys’ High School, 31-31
Boland Landbou vs USA Schools XV, 71-3
Grey College vs Southland Boys’ High School, 54-0
Hilton College vs Italian All-Stars, 32-15
Paul Roos vs Napier Boys’ High, 62-7
Previous Results
Day 1, 26 Match 2019
Glenwood vs John McGlashan College, 32-17
Monument 32 Hartpury College, 32-21
Paarl Gim vs Africa Pacific Dragons, 50-24
SACS vs Zambezi Steelers, 43-24
World Select XV vs WP Invitational, 76-29
Day 2, 27 March 2019
Affies vs Italian All-Stars, 36-12
Boland Landbou vs Napier Boys’ High School, 30-25
Grey College vs Christchurch Boys’ High School, 73-26
Hilton College vs USA Schools XV, 43-0
Paul Roos vs Southland Boys’ High School, 93-5
Day 3, 29 March 2018
Glenwood vs Africa Pacific Dragons, 33-10
Monument vs John McGlashan College, 48-10
Paarl Gim vs Hartpury College, 41-12
WP Invitational vs Zambezi Steelers, 33-30
World Select XV vs SACS, 25-15
Rugby365
The most eagerly awaited contest was undoubtedly that between hosts Paul Roos Gymnasium and Napier Boys’ High from New Zealand. The home side looked like a well-oiled machine in their first outing, when they blew away fellow Kiwi outfit Southland Boys’ High School on Wednesday, but faced a far more challenging foe in Napier, who lost by just five points to Boland Landbou in their opening game.
While Napier looked capable of causing a massive upset, Paul Roos began to slowly take control of the encounter, scoring three first-half tries through Robbie Rogers, Meiring Ebersohn and Luke Burger as they went into the break 17-0 up. The home team completely dominated matters after the restart, scoring a further seven five-pointers, with Burger sealing his hat-trick, as they wrapped up the tournament with a memorable 62-7 victory to underline their status as one of the best schoolboy teams on the planet.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Tanielu Tele'a gets four weeks for taking out Dillyn Leyds:

IMG_0849.JPG

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...lea-suspended-from-super-rugby-for-four-weeks

Meanwhile Schalk Brits gets four weeks and Armand van der Merwe three for their fisticuffs in Bulls v Shorks. It's all good though, they had a beer in the sheds afterwards:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...e-a-beer-just-after-fighting-in-durban-dustup

zer0

John Thornett (49)
[NZR official] confirmed it was six weeks before an enforced rest. When it was initially discussed last year, that number was five, but further discussions with the five franchises before the season saw it revised to six ..... Bye weeks reset the number of consecutive games back to zero, as does a full week of All Blacks rest away from their Super Rugby team.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...aea-fifita-available-for-hurricanes-selection

As these are the rules, the Blues don't need to worry about Rieko's -- or any of their All Blacks -- absence for a long time due to how their byes fall. If they played their All Blacks in every match, their mandatory rest wouldn't come until the final round. Depending on how the rest of the season goes, that final match could be a crucial one against the Hurricanes. If that looks to be the case I'd imagine they'd stagger the rests leading up to it.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Highlanders: Ben Smith (cc), Matt Faddes, Richard Buckman, Teihorangi Walden, Tevita Li, Marty Banks, Kayne Hammington, Luke Whitelock (cc), James Lentjes, Shannon Frizell, Tom Franklin, Josh Dickson, Tyrel Lomax, Liam Coltman, Ayden Johnstone.
Replacements: Ash Dixon, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Siate Tokolahi, Jackson Hemopo, Elliot Dixon, Folau Fakatava, Josh Ioane, Rob Thompson

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
JBar on the move again, playing 13 this week so has now worn four different jumpers in seven weeks:

Hurricanes: Chase Tiatia, Wes Goosen, Jordie Barrett, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara (c), Reed Prinsep, Ardie Savea, Vaea Fifita, Kane Le'aupepe, James Blackwell, Ben May, Ricky Riccitelli, Fraser Armstrong. Reserves: Asafo Aumua, Chris Eves, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Liam Mitchell, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Finlay Christie, Matt Proctor.

Also Vince Aso's season is probably over:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...arrett-into-13-vince-asos-injury-seasonending

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Only three games this week:

Fri 5 Clan v 'canes
Sat 6 (early hours) Lions v Shorks
Sun 7 Bulls v Jags

Sethfrickens finally seem to have latched onto the concept of Friday night footy.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Bulls: 15 Divan Rossouw, 14 Johnny Kotze, 13 Dylan Sage, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Jade Stighling, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Embrose Papier, 8 Duane Vermeulen (captain), 7 Jannes Kirsten, 6 Ruan Steenkamp, 5 Eli Snyman, 4 Hanro Liebenberg 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Corniel Els, 1 Lizo Gqobok. Substitutes: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Conraad van Vuuren, 19 Thembelani Bholi, 20 Tim Agaba, 21 Ivan van Zyl, 22 JT Jackson, 23 Cornal Hendricks

Jaguares

TBA