• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
100th appearance for Bad Shields (99 Super Rugby plus B&IL):

Hurricanes (15-1): Nehe Milner-Skudder, Julian Savea, Jodie Barrett, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Gareth Evans, Ardie Savea, Brad Shields (c), Sam Lousi, Michael Fatialofa, Jeff To'omaga-Allen, Ricky Riccitelli, Toby Smith. Reserves (16-23): James O'Reilly, Chris Eves, Ben May, Vaea Fifita/Murray Douglas, Finlay Christie, Ihaia West, Wes Goosen.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Didn't think Milner-Skudder contributed much last game and I was anticipating JBarrett returning to No 15. Is there more to his move to 13?

Otherwise, Hurricanes seem to have the most settled side going around this year.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^ long term JBar wants to be a 12 & right now both Procter & Aso are injured so Boyd probably figures his next best option is JBar & Laumape in the centres and both spending time at second receiver.

As to NM-S, after such a long layoff it's going to take a while for him to get back to where he was (or, God forbid, Dismal's right & he'll never be that player again which would be a huge shame).

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Have it in mind that Jordie played 12 in the U20s. Correct? Would be mouth watering to see the two Barretts at 10 and 12 - has it happened at all at the Canes?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Dagg & Moody back but still no Whitelock or Crotty & Samu is now also on the concussion protocol list:

Crusaders: David Havili, Israel Dagg, Seta Tamanivalu, Jack Goodhue, George Bridge, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Jordan Taufua, Matt Todd (captain), Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, Quinten Strange, Scott Barrett, Michael Ala'alatoa, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Andrew Makalio, Wyatt Crockett, Donald Brighouse, Luke Romano, Ethan Blackadder, Mitchell Drummond, Mitchell Hunt, Jone Macilai.

If you're watching anything involving a NZ side expect to hear some different pronunciations of the Maori & PI names, apparently we've been saying some of them wrong & NZR want to change that:

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Only one change for Tribe (gotta be a first for the year?), Sam Cane onto the bench after his ab problem:

Chiefs: Solomon Alaimalo, Toni Pulu, Anton Lienert-Brown, Charlie Ngatai (co-c), Sean Wainui, Damian McKenzie, Brad Weber, Liam Messam, Mitch Karpik, Luke Jacobson, Michael Allardice, Brodie Retallick, Angus Ta'avao, Nathan Harris, Karl Tu'inukuafe. Reserves: Liam Polwart, Sam Prattley, Jeff Thwaites, Jesse Parete, Sam Cane (co-c), Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Marty McKenzie, Shaun Stevenson.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Got the makings of a good game this one, Chiefs got a decent team starting again, Backlines for both teams are fairly good I think, the 9-10 battle will be good as will 12-13, and pretty even on wings and fullback! Good to see young Karpik playing last week, and expect another fairly good one from him.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^ I'll be there even tho I'm 0/5 for watching CruSadists away matches incl FMG in 2008 so hope I don't jinx them :)

EDIT: I'm 1/1 for home matches so defo keen to get down to AMI before they bulldoze the place. No hurry, got at least 3 & more likely 5 years to do it......

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^ I'll be there even tho I'm 0/5 for watching CruSadists away matches incl FMG in 2008 so hope I don't jinx them :)

EDIT: I'm 1/1 for home matches so defo keen to get down to AMI before they bulldoze the place. No hurry, got at least 3 & more likely 5 years to do it..

Good to hear you getting of the couch this week WOB:p. I will probably be at Suncorp so hopefully catch the second half in the bar there.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^ I'll have you know that on average I'm off the couch every 20-25 minutes during every match, if only for the time it takes to walk to the fridge & back :)

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
How they expect people to watch with this TMO garbage? These guys need a kick up the arse to get a move on. The on field ref takes like 30 seconds just to talk to his line ref, then he bloody explains everything to the TMO. What the fuck needs explaining!? What the hell else are we determining, next seasons fashion choices? Everybody knows what we bloody need.

Then the TMO takes 4 replays to conclude what everyone can see INSTANTLY. Give me a frickn break!

Yes, I'm already in a pissy mood. This game ain't gonna help I think.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
'Try doesn't stand because it was a yellow card offence by the defender'. What? You see plenty of yellows being given after try's have been scored from close range.

EDIT: Ah. I guess Savea was penalised after all.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
This is amatuer hour. They had a replay with the exact correct angle, and stopped it before he threw the punch.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
And you know how fucked up our game is now? A guy affecting a tackle cops a falling player in the head, gets sent off. The guy that throws a fucking punch stays on the field.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Wow, Aaron Smith doesn't bother to run it closer to the posts and Lima fluffs it. Those 2 points better not matter.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ive decided that the game is now too fast for most (all ?) referees to be able to keep up. O’keefe has missed stuff from both sides tonight ACR. Nevertheless rivetting game to watch for a neutral.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Ive decided that the game is now too fast for most (all ?) referees to be able to keep up. O’keefe has missed stuff from both sides tonight ACR. Nevertheless rivetting game to watch for a neutral.

Oh I agree he's made mistakes on both sides. I don't know if it's too fast but there certainly is a LOT for one set of eyes to take in. They're on a hiding to nothing with the current law setup and their "directives". I'm always hard on them.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well I certainly enjoyed that even as a Cane's man, once the game fired up it was bloody tough rugby. Canes forwards sure going to have to improve if they want to win anymore games this year, they gone off the boil it seems.