• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting to see that Angus Gardiner got the whistle for the game that may easily decide the NZ conference. This might suggest he's in line for the final.

I doubt they would have the ref picked for finals as yet Hawko, I think it just means that Gardiner is this weeks No 1, which I thought changed depending on performances. I actually a like Gardiner as a ref (although my mate can't stand him), although as I always say I don't think any of then are as bad as some say! I mean look at NH rugby sites, they all reckon their refs are no good either, so maybe all the good ones are just watching the games from the stands or tv;).
Had a mate from work here, and apperently he tells me there no decent refs in League either so maybe all sport's f****ed!!:D

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I doubt they would have the ref picked for finals as yet Hawko, I think it just means that Gardiner is this weeks No 1, which I thought changed depending on performances. I actually a like Gardiner as a ref (although my mate can't stand him), although as I always say I don't think any of then are as bad as some say! I mean look at NH rugby sites, they all reckon their refs are no good either, so maybe all the good ones are just watching the games from the stands or tv;).
Had a mate from work here, and apperently he tells me there no decent refs in League either so maybe all sport's f****ed!!:D

I reckon by now they've got a short list and it'll get modified week-to-week. But this week's top game is a bit special and I'm guessing they would have put their current top pick up for it.

Its only me reading the tea-leaves, I don't have any inside goss.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Ah fuck now Taufua's out, damaged his calf at AB camp. Samu starts & E Blackadder comes onto the bench. Hopefully it's even wetter than predicted: if we can turn it into a shit-fight up front we've some chance.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Lol. Absolute tiddlywinks stuff from Gardner with than high-tackle-no-dangerous-tackle-no-high-tackle-again penalty. Some justice that the Hurricanes didn't end up losing a player and/or conceding a try as a direct result.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Apart from coughing up the TBP at the end I'm pretty happy with that. Not much of a spectacle but probably as good as it could be in the conditions.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
I had/have Crotty down as the starting second five. B.Barrett should be at fullback, but won't be.

I think we both know who the starting 12 will be & if he gets injured they'll replace him with Laumape 'cos that's the channel they prefer their power centre to operate in.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez the Saders went well in those conditions, Mounga certainly gave a show of how to play at 10 in wet conditions, he was my MOTM, and agree Goodhue was outstanding. Canes never really played to the conditions, but suspect the Sader's pack had a bit to do with that.
As for a couple of 'high tackles' that Gus called well even a crusty old rugby man like me will lose a bit of interest if they are dangerous,or high!!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
A couple of those "high" tackles were a bad joke. The law needs to be clarified to prohibit contact with the head or neck. Over the shoulder tackles do not all involve neck or head.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Highlanders: Ben Smith (co-captain), Waisake Naholo, Rob Thompson, Tei Walden, Tevita Li, Lima Sopoaga, Aaron Smith, Luke Whitelock, Dillon Hunt, Liam Squire, Tom Franklin, Jackson Hemopo, Kalolo Tuiloma, Ash Dixon, Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Liam Coltman, Aki Seiuli, Tyrel Lomax, Shannon Frizell, Elliot Dixon, Josh Renton, Josh Ioane, Richard Buckman.