• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

U16 schoolboy rugby

Mule

Herbert Moran (7)
IMG_1821.png

Mule

Herbert Moran (7)
Best (in the Selectors eyes) of this years State Champs announced… many also in the reckoning for various school association rep teams still

Josh Rigers

Frank Row (1)
from my understanding players have to follow the rep pathway of their school so how are some of these players from GPS schools able to play in the sydney city teams ?

Mule

Herbert Moran (7)
from my understanding players have to follow the rep pathway of their school so how are some of these players from GPS schools able to play in the sydney city teams ?
There’s an MOU between Sydney/Country and the Schools on which is preferenced each year, with it alternating …. But there’s no clash until the NSW Schools Trials between SJRU, Country, NSW Schools I and NSW Schools II in mid July so kids can play both pathways til then

Mule

Herbert Moran (7)
There’s an MOU between Sydney/Country and the Schools on which is preferenced each year, with it alternating …. But there’s no clash until the NSW Schools Trials between SJRU, Country, NSW Schools I and NSW Schools II in mid July so kids can play both pathways til then
rep pathways explanation

Mule

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow different demographic to normal. Half from mid and far north coast. They have a strong year or the traditional strongholds falling away?
Would need lots of analysis; I think some Zones lost good players to School rugby? which is very typical for u16s up both city and country?

Backintheolddays

Darby Loudon (17)
Would need lots of analysis; I think some Zones lost good players to School rugby? which is very typical for u16s up both city and country?
I guess so but Newcastle, Illawarra and Central West used to have good representation even just from clubs. I know Newcastle and Illawarra have changed their pathways.
Up the coast hasn’t usually fared that well.

RugbyBot

Frank Nicholson (4)
The country teams by and large got smashed at the state comp That being said many of the best of them have already found their way into the big Sydney schools which continues to tip the balance towards the Sydney teams.

moa999

Bill Watson (15)
Be much better if they put schools alongside the zone/ district club. Anyone have enough knowledge to do that for the Sydney teams?