• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 5 - Springboks vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
Or to put it simply, countries with large thriving economies, relative safety & policial stability have a lot of migration. Australia is one of those. NZ, SA are not, thus you are more likely to find a lot of expatriates living there & thus more turnout to sporting matches supporting the opposition.

In some ways, it's being a victim of your own success, but it's a very very small prices to pay!

PB's issue is the coloured folk arent Maori's who have emigrated, they are South Africans. Knowing how he can get wound up, especially in his days at the fern, he must blow a gasket when he sees them wearing AB jerseys :lmao:

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
PB's issue is the coloured folk arent Maori's who have emigrated, they are South Africans. Knowing how he can get wound up, especially in his days at the fern, he must blow a gasket when he sees them wearing AB jerseys :lmao:
Grappie Pie you seem to remember well, its been a looooong time since I have been on your fern. You sure dont understand the vokken irony of these lot. Let me try and educate you like I do to them
Controversy over ABs' welcome in South Africa

But the political history is only part of it. Danville Felkers, chairman of the Eastern Cape All Blacks supporters club, which has 3000 registered members, sheds light on the fanbase.

"I was born into supporting the All Blacks. My father, grandfather and uncles are very passionate supporters, and it is very easy for new generations to continue this tradition because the All Blacks are a brilliant rugby team. They are the Manchester United of rugby. They win consistently and they win in style. People love winners."

Older members of the Port Elizabeth community are in no hurry to convert their children into Bok supporters. They feel stranded by empty promises from the game's governing body.

"Rugby has died in the schools of the [poor] northern suburbs," Felkers says. "And we have played rugby in this region forever. But we have no facilities. There has been no investment from Saru, no upliftment and we feel let down."

Once more, in a brand-new era, resentment of Saru has been channelled into supporting the Springboks' opposition.

"In our suburbs we are crying out for sport to give our teenagers something to do to keep them away from drugs and crime. Rugby can do that, but it hasn't because the system has let us down."

Saru's flagship investment in the Eastern Cape is, of course, the Southern Kings, and bully to them for resurrecting top-flight rugby in the region, but for the less affluent rugby man on the ground this means diddly squat.

"Nothing has changed at grass roots," says Felkers. "We don't feel that Saru is engaging us. We don't feel any affinity to Saru. We remain forgotten."
These ****s support the All Blacks because nothing is being done by Saru & the ANC government for rugby in their suburbs. They (parents), Saru's CEO and the ANC government blame the SA provinces because they have to many white players in their teams but all three parties do fuck all about their racistic problem. Rugby schools in SA is driven by the schools, parents and old boys and that basically is the essence of these fuck tap parties.

Supporting the All Blacks will solve their problem. Fuck them and your Fern for whats its worth.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Supporting the All Blacks will solve their problem. Fuck them and your Fern for whats its worth.

To be fair PB, you are proving him right!

Dunno if you actually read the thread on TSF, but there was a fair whack of people, myself in cluded, who sympathised with blue. I'd hate to see locals supporting the Wallabies, hate it.

It's like watching Deans & Quade belt out Advance Australia Fare with gusto. QC (Quade Cooper) I am sort of coming around to, but Deans? For gods sake, there is a stand in Christchurch named after his family!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)

Dunno if you actually read the thread on TSF, but there was a fair whack of people, myself in cluded, who sympathised with blue.
Red it now, at least one decent El Toro to back Blou. Seem that Allyprint or whatever is a real doos. Where is my mauser?.:mad:

and the same old Kiwi dose there aswell. Some things never change.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Probably come across as fairly controversial in this forum but most would understand that it started out as a means of protest to the white lead national party during apartheid era.

It still is, as the Cape Coloured's hate the Black lead ANC government even more! I have yet to meet a Black person supporting the AB's as these recent images have shown.

Sure some still do it out of tradition of "annoyance" and admittedly the AB brand fits in with the "culture" even though most would not have any idea what is behind the Black Jersey.

I worked with this community for close to 15 years in the armed forces so I have some understanding.

The funny thing is the two guys I knew who ran the local supporter club were both members of the 28's gang. Believe me not something the AB's want to be associated with.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The funny thing is the two guys I knew who ran the local supporter club were both members of the 28's gang. Believe me not something the AB's want to be associated with.
They'll teach them to Tik and gang rape the All Blacks in two ticks. :lmao:

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Dunno if you actually read the thread on TSF, but there was a fair whack of people, myself in cluded, who sympathised with blue. I'd hate to see locals supporting the Wallabies, hate it.

It's like watching Deans & Quade belt out Advance Australia Fare with gusto. QC (Quade Cooper) I am sort of coming around to, but Deans? For gods sake, there is a stand in Christchurch named after his family!

Quade is an Australian. :)

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I'm praying to the gods that It's absolutely pouring down in Port Elizabeth right now. I know a bonus point is unlikely, but I really don't want the weather for It.

Go Bokke

R

RuckinGoodStats

anyone else staying up for this one? Be nice to have some people to discuss the game with on the forum

Yup, doing live stats so the computer gets a feel for some other tournament in 19 days time.

R

RuckinGoodStats

Goal kickers in 2011: Boks Steyn 79% (82 from 104); Lambie 77% (71/92). All Blacks: Slade 80% (12/15) #TriNations

Boks in 2011 on average per game: 24.3 lost possessions/turnovers (4.7 at ruck) 8.3 pens 10.3 hand errs, missing 24 tackles (1 in 4)

All Blacks in 2011 on average per game: 18.7 lost possessions/turnovers (3.3 at ruck) 7 pens 8 hand errs, missing 16.7 tackles (1 in 6)

Boks v All Blacks Ref is George Clancy (Ireland) 14 tests, has 1st game in RWC. 1st international was Uruguay v USA 30/9/2006.

Say whatever you want about Clancy but check out how his 80kgs frame handles being tackled in a game & continues http://www.rugbyweek.com/video/seil...eree-in-the-heineken-cup-video_a7c6a958e.html

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Peter DeVilliers just described last weeks Bok performance as "superb, we controlled all facets of the game except the scoreboard".

I have secretly delighted in his coaching these last few years, but I am actually starting to feel sorry for the Bok supporters.

T

tranquility

If the Bokke can't beat the All Blacks tonight, considering home-ground advantage the amount of players left in NZ, they may as well save themselves the air-fair and put the feet up during the WC. Big Match.

Status
Not open for further replies.