• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muttonbird

In what way would you say Aus rugby teams don't respect the ABs?...Saying they're crap and have done nothing would be disrespectful.

Or accusing them of having an endemic culture of cheating, say?

M

Muttonbird

That's Aus rugby fans, not Aus rugby teams.

And it's bloody well true! :p

'K then. Players, coaches, IRB, refs, SANZAR, ARU, NZRU think it's rubbish.

Peter de Villiers and Aus fans think it's gospel.

Great company you've got there. :lmao:

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Burgo showing disrispuct on Twitter. Wearing black as well

burgess in jocks.jpg

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
'K then. Players, coaches, IRB, refs, SANZAR, ARU, NZRU think it's rubbish.

Peter de Villiers and Aus fans think it's gospel.

Great company you've got there. :lmao:

Players - have to play against NZ, also they can be fined and suspended for bringing officials or the game into disrepute

IRB - cant call out an individual team for cheating, have to be seen upholding values

Coaches - every coach playing against NZ says he hopes the refs police the breakdown in the lead up, as with players cant bring officials into it without being fined or suspended.

Refs - the lead ref is a New Zealander that has shown bias in the past, why would any of them speak out.

ARU - make alot of money off the wallabies playing new zealand and foster that relationship closely, why would they call them out on it

NZRU - do you expect them to call themselves cheats, by not doing so they basically are saying its alright to cheat and that makes them part of the problem.

Peter De Villiers is coach of a team your going to meet in the semis, you should be nicer to him he may get Eddie Jones to help him out and you dont have a good record against him.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Damn Gagger, you've spoilt the result for me.

Any idea what the share market is going to do over the next 6 mths?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
but if we lose by more does that mean the line starts to rebound in the other way, cant it be a pie chart or would it then belong in the pie thread?

M

Muttonbird

Refs - the lead ref is a New Zealander that has shown bias in the past, why would any of them speak out.

:lmao: The world's out to get you!

Referee Mark Lawrence is the highest authority to have (partly) viewed and commented on that video. His response: nothing to see here. That's good enough for me.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
MajorleyRagerly - in what way would you say Aus rugby teams don't respect the ABs? I find this a curious concept. Presenting a confident front when playing them, which they seem to try to do publicly, is not disrespectful. I don't think the Wallabies fear them, which is a different thing. Saying they're crap and have done nothing would be disrespectful. I think Hansen is being his usual mischievous self in his throwaway line that the Wallabies probably don't respect them, and is simply trying to create niggle.

An element of the All Blacks aura is that any kind of confidence against them is disrespectful. Opponents buy into this, even if only subconsciously, and so are at a disadvantage. I think that many Kiwi supporters buy into it as well, and so the confidence being displayed by our players at the moment comes across to (not all of) them as a form of disrespect, and the belief that you will win (a crucial element of competitive sports) as unjustified arrogance.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
:lmao: The world's out to get you!

Referee Mark Lawrence is the highest authority to have (partly) viewed and commented on that video. His response: nothing to see here. That's good enough for me.

Ok and what other option did he have? Let's say that have been getting away with illegal tactics was Mark going to say yes the All Blacks are not being properly policed by my fellow IRB referee.

FWIW, I don't think the ABs are cheats at the breakdown, that's not a pre-determined action that they go into the game with, it's a grey area.

However when I've see maneuvers by players such as McCaw at the set-piece that require pre-determined actions that's a little dodgy. ie. The scrum try in Sydney and the lineout video on here recently. I believe Keiran Read said on national radio that they practised the try by McCaw in Sydney in training.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i dont think the aussie team has disrespected the all blacks at all.

i want to say though, that go ahead and do it. We have a young team and while we argue and discuss selections here, the fact is this team can be together for the next couple of world cups and could be great if the cards fall in the right places. Its time we held our chests out and stopped pretending where underdogs in every game we play, its time to talk a game and then go out and win lose or draw just belt the crap out of whoever were playing, its time teams feared us and it should start on saturday.

ONE TEAM people, F the All blacks

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Ok and what other option did he have? Let's say that have been getting away with illegal tactics was Mark going to say yes the All Blacks are not being properly policed by my fellow IRB referee.

FWIW, I don't think the ABs are cheats at the breakdown, that's not a pre-determined action that they go into the game with, it's a grey area.

However when I've see maneuvers by players such as McCaw at the set-piece that require pre-determined actions that's a little dodgy. ie. The scrum try in Sydney and the lineout video on here recently. I believe Keiran Read said on national radio that they practised the try by McCaw in Sydney in training.
Who's to say they were practising with the early dettachment though? Could've been they just got the timing wrong in the game?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I for one am happy to see Lachie Turner get a call up for this one he was probably one of out best in Sydney last year & his selection also raises a few questions about potentially planned interchanges during the game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Turner & Fainga'a coming on at some stage for McCabe & AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) with Ioane moving to 13.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
This whole "disrespect" thing is a total beat-up. Steve Hanson is good at mind games, I'll give him that.

Steve Hansen is a tosser. That's all he can do is talk shit he did it last year with the Saint Keven Mealamu headbutting incident.

You know the big loud mouth at the pub who talks shit with all his mates around him? That's Steve Hansen.

Status
Not open for further replies.