• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Trans-Tasman Super Rugby 2021

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I want to know where Phil Kearns and Maaaardo are in this space metaphor. Hopefully somewhere involving oxygen debt.

Please show your working.

Close. Literally being annoying turds! In repeat of the infamous Apollo 10 incident there was a KearnsMardo's that got loose and had to be "retrieved" and disposed of as "space waste". RA have been trying to supress the story for years but it just wont stop.

The floating turd mystery that still haunts RA

https://www.vox.com/2015/5/26/8646675/apollo-10-turd-poop

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So while we say 5-0 down is ok because a couple of close games - round 2 does not get any easier.
Brumbies play chiefs at home. Reds vs crusaders and force vs highlanders at home. None of those you would put big bets on oz sides for but sure at least up for the fight. As for tahs and rebels well does it really matter what kiwi side they would play as just about any team would be a struggle for them.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
So while we say 5-0 down is ok because a couple of close games - round 2 does not get any easier.
Brumbies play chiefs at home. Reds vs crusaders and force vs highlanders at home. None of those you would put big bets on oz sides for but sure at least up for the fight. As for tahs and rebels well does it really matter what kiwi side they would play as just about any team would be a struggle for them.

Right, and how many matches were the Watarahs or Rebels competitive in during SRAu this season?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

In reality the Brumbies should being with a good shot based off the Crusaders performance.

As for the piss-pot-Reds (the only drunk team), now sober should be able to at least match the Brumbies performance against the Saders or there should be some serious questions asked; or a call up for Nick B. ;)

Force could grind one out and the Tah's could learn to tackle and cause an upset.

The RA Rebels with provide the usual opposed training session and with the rinse and repeat dysfunctional lineup and game plan. Bless the fast-forward button. :p

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I see the Brumbies giving Chiefs a bloody torrid time Brumbies would have had settled week (and Crusaders have let them have use of their training facilities;)) , I go along with the school of thought that they have got a bloody good team, and pretty good game plan.
I not convinced the Force won't give the Clan a hurry up (as I fancy the Force's style), and the Reds/Crusaders has the makings of a beauty.
I hope Canes remember to tackle against Rebels, and Blues should beat Tahs.
I wouldn't be surprised with a 3-2 to either NZ or Aus teams.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
In reality the Brumbies should being with a good shot based off the Crusaders performance.

As for the piss-pot-Reds (the only drunk team), now sober should be able to at least match the Brumbies performance against the Saders or there should be some serious questions asked; or a call up for Nick B. ;)

Force could grind one out and the Tah's could learn to tackle and cause an upset.

The RA Rebels with provide the usual opposed training session and with the rinse and repeat dysfunctional lineup and game plan. Bless the fast-forward button. :p

I seriously hope one day the rebels can get a decent coaching setup as the quality of the players never match team performance and as far as team cohesion goes always play like the players have just met each other.

Long term having a Victorian team ass part of our footprint as does makes sense as they are bringing players through the pathways and noted the new $101m vic govt investment in new rugby centre (shared with football).

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Right, and how many matches were the Watarahs or Rebels competitive in during SRAu this season?
The comment about kiwi teams is because they are playing oz teams and surely you would have realised the comment about tahs and rebels was as much based on super rugby au form as well as last game...so sorry I did not comment about tahs and rebels playing oz super rugby teams in super rugby au as this was a discussion on forthcoming games. I hence don’t understand why the need for your comment (but given your vocal grand standing over the weekend maybe I do and I ain’t getting involved in that so last comment from me to you as not derailing this thread with you going down another tangent).

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
The comment about kiwi teams is because they are playing oz teams and surely you would have realised the comment about tahs and rebels was as much based on super rugby au form as well as last game.so sorry I did not comment about tahs and rebels playing oz super rugby teams in super rugby au as this was a discussion on forthcoming games. I hence don’t understand why the need for your comment (but given your vocal grand standing over the weekend maybe I do and I ain’t getting involved in that so last comment from me to you as not derailing this thread with you going down another tangent).

You've been tearing down the TT tournament on multiple threads, banging on about how uncompetitive it is. And yet 40% of the teans in the SRAu tournament, the one that you've been favouring, were dreadfully uncompetitive. That is not a tangential argument, it goes to the very heart of your (extremely repetitive) argument.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
13 out of 22 games in Super Rugby AU were competitive this season which is just under 60%.

2 out of 5 games were competitive in Super Rugby TT in round 1 for 40%.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You've been tearing down the TT tournament on multiple threads, banging on about how uncompetitive it is. And yet 40% of the teans in the SRAu tournament, the one that you've been favouring, were dreadfully uncompetitive. That is not a tangential argument, it goes to the very heart of your (extremely repetitive) argument.

Edited this response as message was really just to one person to end further discussion between us and as that has now happened the message can be removed.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

I am real interested to see how thie week goes, Brumbies I think may just go alright, Chiefs were looking bloody tired towrds of last weeks game , getting that haul back home will tke a bit out of them, and I think the Brumbies have the game to really stuff most of our teams. Reds/Crusaders will be another close one. I thinking Force may cause Clan more than a few problems, and I can see them sneaking that one.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Great job Cantabs, way to kill the whole TT comp and with it, possibly the entire sport of Rugby Union in Australia! Humiliating Aus's national rugby champs like that. Ruining the sport for a whole generation of potential Aussie rugby fans. "FFS, the Cantabs smash the Reds, our best team, and yet the Landers beat those same Cantabs a few weeks ago? What fucken hope have we got, not watching this shit any more".

Cantabs directly responsible for shattering the dreams of teary-eyed impressionable little Australian children. "Yeah, I was turned off the game when I was 5 years old. I was severely traumatised when I saw a team of Cantabs came over and absolutely munter our best team. Havent watched a rugby match since".

tl/dr: sometimes Cantabs can be insensitive towards the feelings of others.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I know it only week 2, but perhaps gap is bigger than I thought, and I think is the result of Aus team just playing each other for a couple of years, they seem to be going a little backwards. I been listening to justin Harrison a bit last few weeks and he keeps saying they won't get away with that against kiwi teams , they punish mistakes, I was thinking maybe Justin but are you sure? Well seems he knows a bit, and does get it right a bit.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I know it only week 2, but perhaps gap is bigger than I thought, and I think is the result of Aus team just playing each other for a couple of years, they seem to be going a little backwards. I been listening to justin Harrison a bit last few weeks and he keeps saying they won't get away with that against kiwi teams , they punish mistakes, I was thinking maybe Justin but are you sure? Well seems he knows a bit, and does get it right a bit.

So what do you reckon we do? Just plow on and hope one day Aus somehow become good again?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So what do you reckon we do? Just plow on and hope one day Aus somehow become good again?

I not sure, but this is not working, if you want Aus rugby to go backwards, have an Aus only comp, or if you want long term gain, get in and play a comp that will improve the standards.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I not sure, but this is not working, if you want Aus rugby to go backwards, have an Aus only comp, or if you want long term gain, get in and play a comp that will improve the standards.
Yeah but you know no one will turn on to watch even the rest of this comp let alone a whole season of it. No viewers means no money means even less local talent. I think down both paths we continue to get worse.