• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Wallabies Thread

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If you had Taqele in the 23 jersey I think you need someone like Hodge in the 22 jersey. Kerevi/Kuridrani in the 22 jersey would leave you pretty limited in terms of your coverage.

I agree that Hodge's form has been an issue.

He's been a Wallaby for a couple of seasons though and has performed well. Like Kuridrani he still has a fair bit of time to turn that around.
Yeah my point is just that Hodge hasn't actually demonstrated that versatility for the Wallabies. anyways.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Thinking a little outside the box (but still realistically) wouldn't mind seeing this team be put together for the WC

1. Sio
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Rodda
5. Coleman
6. Phillip
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Beale
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Hodge
14. Folau
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Slipper
18. Tupou
19. Tui
20. McMahon
21. Gordon
22. CLL
23. Maddocks

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thinking a little outside the box (but still realistically) wouldn't mind seeing this team be put together for the WC

1. Sio
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Rodda
5. Coleman
6. Phillip
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Beale
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Hodge
14. Folau
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Slipper
18. Tupou
19. Tui
20. McMahon
21. Gordon
22. CLL
23. Maddocks

I was almost in agreement lol.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)

1. Sio
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Rodda
5. Coleman
6. Phillip
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Beale
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Hodge
14. Folau
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Slipper
18. Tupou
19. Tui
20. McMahon
21. Gordon
22. CLL
23. Maddocks

I actually like the idea of Beale at 10. I'm not sure who your goal kicker is, Hodge has shown he's not a reliable kicker but I'd be fine with the 'try or go home' approach. Honestly, I've never rated Foley as an International Flyhalf.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I actually like the idea of Beale at 10. I'm not sure who your goal kicker is, Hodge has shown he's not a reliable kicker but I'd be fine with the 'try or go home' approach. Honestly, I've never rated Foley as an International Flyhalf.
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Feel like we went through the whole Beale at 10 thing last year and concluded it was unlikely to happen. The last few games Foley has been better than him at the Tahs anyway, he’s started crabbing again and hasn’t been as good at 12 as he was last year. Not sure that we want a Wallaby 10 whose first instinct is to go sideways.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Feel like we went through the whole Beale at 10 thing last year and concluded it was unlikely to happen. The last few games Foley has been better than him at the Tahs anyway, he’s started crabbing again and hasn’t been as good at 12 as he was last year. Not sure that we want a Wallaby 10 whose first instinct is to go sideways.

Is that worse than Foley who can't kick more than 25 meters.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yes, our exits were much better last year with Genia's box working well and Beale able to kick at 12.

Gordon has been doing a lot of the clearance for the Tahs as well, I think the key is have a few options so no one can be focussed

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Australia's two best and most influential players and previously absolutely best mates
may now be throwing rocks at each other because of differing views.

Most PI heritage lads are fervent Christians and would support one of the former best friend's point of view.
Plenty of others would support one's right to air his personal views, just as the other one has from time to time.

The question:

Will this issue have the potential to fracture any culture the Wallabies actually have ?
Personally I think yes !

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Australia's two best and most influential players and previously absolutely best mates
may now be throwing rocks at each other because of differing views.

Most PI heritage lads are fervent Christians and would support one of the former best friend's point of view.
Plenty of others would support one's right to air his personal views, just as the other one has from time to time.

The question:

Will this issue have the potential to fracture any culture the Wallabies actually have ?
Personally I think yes !

Nah, I disagree. While I can't speak for Folau too much, Pocock is an utter professional. I'm pretty sure you could kill his dog and he'd still treat you the same on the training paddock and on the field.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
The question:

Personally I think yes !

Bloody hell, if none of your close mates have differing stand points than you in anything in life, then what type of echo-chamber are you living in?

They'll be in disagreement on a particular issue and will act like grown ups and move on.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Bloody hell, if none of your close mates have differing stand points than you in anything in life, then what type of echo-chamber are you living in?

They'll be in disagreement on a particular issue and will act like grown ups and move on.

One would hope so.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

How do you ever have a decent drinking session with your mates without a few arguments?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
A sizable proportion of young people seem to be drawn to the evangelical sects, like the AOG in particular.

Are we going to say, as a code, that we do not want anybody from this sector, or Mormons, or any other nutcases, just because they espouse their beliefs?

No player can be muzzled. If we truly belief in diversity, then we must accept the whole diverse range of beliefs and opinions.

As long as they do not break the law, or transgress the Laws of the Game, or the conditions of their contract, players can say more or less whatever they want to.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A sizable proportion of young people seem to be drawn to the evangelical sects, like the AOG in particular.

Are we going to say, as a code, that we do not want anybody from this sector, or Mormons, or any other nutcases, just because they espouse their beliefs?

No player can be muzzled. If we truly belief in diversity, then we must accept the whole diverse range of beliefs and opinions.

As long as they do not break the law, or transgress the Laws of the Game, or the conditions of their contract, players can say more or less whatever they want to.
Basically yeah. Don't care what you think or believe but keep it to yourself in a professional context. Basic etiquette.