• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Wallabies Thread

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't really know where to put this but this game just got a whole lot more interesting:

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-...ians-side-to-play-the-wallabies-ng-b88593179z

The Wallabies vs. the Force-arians

Note: the Wallabies 23 has been taken from this weekend's test (minus Rona, for Hunt)

1. Kepu vs. Cowan
2. TPN vs. Scoble
3. Sio vs. Ainsley
4. Arnold vs. Tui
5. Coleman vs. Rodda
6. Hanigan vs. RHP
7. Hooper vs. Hardwick / Hodgson (!!!!)
8. McMahon vs. Naisarani
9. Genia vs. Ruru
10. Foley vs. Lance
11. Hodge vs. Veritty-Amm
12. Beale vs. Meakes
13. Kuridrani vs. Rona
14. Speight vs. Newsome
15. Folau vs. Hunt

That doesn't take into account the odd player from:

Peni, R. Arnold, Faulkner, Louwrens, Phillips.

Douglas, Smith, Slipper (if fit), Tupou, Mafi, Ready, Higginbotham, Cooper, Paia'aua, Perese, Nabuli

Timani, Koroibete, Naivalu, Lomax, Mafi, Maddocks,

Banks, Alcock.

Holloway, Latu, Phipps, Simone.

Or players from NZ / SA.

I'm now tremendously excited for this game. If Hodgson doesn't play it'll be a travesty.

This makes sense and is obviously the international match Twiggy promised for the Force.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I don't know about Uelese WELL in front of Latu, but certainly preferred over an only partly fit Latu returning from injury. Having said that, I really hope Uelese retains his bench spot over Moore (probably won't though).

I think perhaps Timani at 8 (has to be told this is it, make an impression or forget it, a hard worker who makes no impresssion is better than a bigger guy who makes no impression but doesn't do any work). Mcmahon to 6, but Simmons on the bench to come on at 6 if our lineout gets belted.

Does anyone know the fitness status of Naivalu? Perhaps Ainsley could replace AAA at THP on the bench, as he is consistently getting owned at scrum time.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
AAA's form really fell off a cliff didn't it. One of the standout tight forwards in Super to getting consistently beaten at scrum time. Hope he can turn it around smartish.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
AAA's form really fell off a cliff didn't it. One of the standout tight forwards in Super to getting consistently beaten at scrum time. Hope he can turn it around smartish.

I don't think it is that dire. He was reasonable against the All Blacks and the scrum only really struggled when Moore was on the field.

The Springboks look like they have the strongest scrum in the Rugby Championship.

Ala'alatoa's general play has been pretty strong.

I definitely still think he's in our best 23 and if you weren't worried about the scrum you'd probably start him ahead of Kepu because his general play is better.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Wouldn't have thought there was any noticeable difference in general play between the two. If anything i would've thought Kepu has a higher top performance. Then again, i'm no expert when it comes to the tight stuff.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can't remember the timing, but did we offer CFS a contract over giving one to Banks? If so, that really rubs salt into the wound.

I THINK Chris already had a contract at the start of this year. Banks was offered an academy or development contract which the Brumbies were able to better.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

It highlights the difference between Super Rugby and test

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
No it wasn't fellas. The Reds offered Banks a wider training group spot for peanuts, but offered Jayden Ngmanu a full squad or EPS deal (intending him to play in the U20's mostly) on entry level money.

I've been told (by guys that know the young fella well) that if Banks had been offered the same entry level cash that Ngmanu was offered he would never have even fielded a call from another team.

Signing Maranta was also silly, but at the time he didn't really fit the same profile as Banks (i.e coming in as a rookie, on rookie money).

dru

Tim Horan (67)
No it wasn't fellas. The Reds offered Banks a wider training group spot for peanuts, but offered Jayden Ngmanu a full squad or EPS deal (intending him to play in the U20's mostly) on entry level money.

I've been told (by guys that know the young fella well) that if Banks had been offered the same entry level cash that Ngmanu was offered he would never have even fielded a call from another team.

Signing Maranta was also silly, but at the time he didn't really fit the same profile as Banks (i.e coming in as a rookie, on rookie money).

So wile we groan at the fickle Reds, do you believe he is ready for international duty?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
\

Laughable really.

The 2 Props deserve a fair bit of criticism but also the locks, Hanigan and Hooper (who never really engages hard or for any length of time) and McMahon.

The Squeak effort numerically comprised only 12.50%

Less than 12% if he is striking. A lot less.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You are blaming Moore for the poor WB scrum? Really?
I thought the time we got most smashed compared to how we did with different players within the same game was before Moore got replaced by TPN in the second Bledisloe.

I think the South African scrum will be stronger than the All Blacks this weekend and don't think we really had that much difference between pack options against South Africa. The scrum was certainly weaker with the subs on but was under pressure the whole game.

Anyway, we'll see what happens this weekend. It will be a stern test against Argentina.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk