• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The ranting at Deans/ARU/O'Neill/Players thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Here's two questions...

1. If (or more likely when) the Wallabies lose to the Boks next week, at home, will Deans be given the boot immediately or will he remain at the helm until the end of the Rugby Championship?

2. If the Wallabies win next week, and then go on to win their final home game against the Pumas, will Deans remain at the post next year?

D

daz

No idea. I'm still trying to get over last weekend.

Let's just take it a day at a time for now.

;)

hedgo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Does playing in the same team as a guy who went on to play at Super XV level allow me to contribute on GAGR under you new direction Barbarian?

haven't posted since we got smacked in the semi-final but if i tell you i tackled ricky stuart into touch during a waratah shield game in 1985 can i come back?

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
At this point, Deans' a bit like an old pair of sneakers. no matter how long we leave him in the sun to air, he'll always have a bad smell about him. its time for a new pair. and there's nothing quite like that first run in a pair of new sneakers. All of a sudden you feel like bryan habana.I want that feeling again.

Deans and the Wallabies are clearly in a bad rut. They both need a shake up and that starts with them parting ways.

Most of all I think its abundantly clear that hiring a foreigner to coach our team was in hindsight not the way to go. he was the best option 4 years ago, fair enough, but Link can take it from here.

Underlining this whole issue is something more sinister. I must have watched 10 to 15 Aussie Super derbies this year and I cant remember any that entertained. It was boring, negative tactics. A similar style to that which the wallabies have inexplicably adopted. Forget the free to air broadcasting issues or the unavailability of the game to kids in public schools, the players and coaches at international and provincial level seem to have forgotten why aussies like this game in the first place and that's the major issue in my eyes.

^ This x 10

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Andrew Slack was in the year above me at school and we used to catch the train together (ocassionly).

Can I please stay Barbarian, please, please?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I once played touch with Michael lynagh and tim Horan . But not at the same time. Does that count? Oh and I played second row with an Australian U19 player.

Sent using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Depends. Where you and this gentleman the two star players in your team? Was his success impossible without you? Were you Torville to his Dean? Starsky to his Hutch? Captain to his Tennille?

If so, then yes. But only just.
Cheech to his Chong. Hall to his Oates. Milli to his Vanilli.
I like this meme.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I play golf with a guy that I once played rugby against, and he was dead good, and he played grade with a few Wallabies, and.........

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Anyone with fox, actually worth watching the first 15 minutes of the back page tonight, replay on at 1030. Marto actually addresses a few things (before defending Quade for no reason)

1) Robbie never spoke to the team after the loss on Saturday
2) JON stepped in and said a few words when Robbie didn't.
3) when Quade was picked he demanded that kurtley wasn't dropped from the 22
4) that the all blacks didn't go out after there win but several wallabies hit the juice.
5) that the team is divided, young guys running the show and Robbie won't put them in their place.
6) Marto reckons if deans doesn't win 3/4 he is gone at the end of the RC.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Anyone with fox, actually worth watching the first 15 minutes of the back page tonight, replay on at 1030. Marto actually addresses a few things (before defending Quade for no reason)

4) that the all blacks didn't go out after there win but several wallabies hit the juice.
5) that the team is divided, young guys running the show and Robbie won't put them in their place.

Deans sounds piss weak - if QC (Quade Cooper) put 3 to me I'd say "sweet as, pal, see you later"

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Sterling Mortlock once sat next to me at a University lecture because there were no more seats left.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)

If even half of that is half true, then the whole team needs a cleanout, starting with the coach, but also including the troublemakers and perhaps even replace the captain if he can't unite the team.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I used to play junior footy against Stephen Hoiles... and our team was better than his.

... and my Dad cycles with Simon Poidevin.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Looks like Deans might be gone:
@jbcallinan: Hearing big story over robbie deans out of NZ tomorrow. Sounds like he's definitely gone - but speccy as too where is the interesting part.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Cooper is yet to sign with the ARu, pure speculation but that is a pretty big bargaining chip along with his profile to play a bit of politics.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't understand the whole he's signed with the Reds but not the ARU thing. Can someone explain?

If he's signed with the Reds that would mean he has to play for them wouldn't it?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I don't understand the whole he's signed with the Reds but not the ARU thing. Can someone explain?

If he's signed with the Reds that would mean he has to play for them wouldn't it?

I believe his contract is subject to an ARU top up which he hasn't signed (ARU have offered it to him) so if he doesn't sign with the ARu he hasn't received said top up and can therefore walk away from his provincial contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.