• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Podslam..some ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
I love the PODSLAM.. It's one of my favourite hours each week. Began thinking about who I would love to heard from this week..and... well..

I'd love to hear from some articulate, analytical coach (not that Gagger, Timms etc are not of course) not beholden to the ARU (eg. Eddie Jones, even Brian Smith in the UK, or Leinster's Joe Schmidt in Gagger's timezone) to get their thoughts on the Wallabies approach to the breakdown, slow ball tactics, structure/lack of it. Les Kiss might be good too if he could be lured away from the Ruggamatrix crowd who no longer seem to broadcast.

The former attack and possibly new head coach of the Tahs might be great but unsure how forthcoming he'd be. Link would be good value but he'd never say what he is really thinking.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
We've got Richard Graham tonight as well as our own Scott Allen.

Agree about Brian Smith - he's been friggen awesome on Sky up here. Anyone got a contact?

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
The main London Irish number is listed below through which you can reach most of the staff, but you might have to go through Marketing & Communications Director - Felicity Greenland

01 932 750100

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
What about getting Clyde Rathbone on? talk about potential comeback, depression, career highs, reception from South Africans, thoughts about current wallabies. Lots to cover, would be a great guest.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
What about Greg Growden? He cops it a lot on G&GR so how about giving him the right to reply?

As he included reference to the "I'm Radio" T-shirt on Ruck & Maul, he can't be all bad. :)

If he's on after he leaves Fairfax, he maybe more forthcoming. It would be interesting to hear his perspective on rugby coverage in the media and what blogs like G&GR contribute.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
How about Geoff Mould.
Coached the famous Aust Schoolboys of 77/78 with the Ella bros, Michael Hawker, Michael O'Connor, Wally Lewis and others.
Coached in grade, still coaching at Coffs Harbour.
Smart and articulate and absolutely gets it.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I'd like to hear more front-row interviews, especially props. That Al Baxter interview was gold, regardless of what you think of his career. And maybe if front-rowers got a bit more attention and therefore prestige we'd get more of them through the ranks.

Kepu's out injured right now isn't he? Might give him a bit more time to field interviews.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Any interest in having Phil Blake on for a chat? Interesting to get his thoughts on the teams progress. I understand he has been bought on as the defensive trainer which is interesting considering he was an attacking powerhouse during his time in league. He and his brother were dynamite at manly.

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
Ditto for Phil Blake, maybe he can give an insight into the 'toxic' wallaby environment that Quade claims exists in the current setup.

Would also love to hear an interview with Michael Hawker about Australian rugby moving forward.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If Alan Jones ever comes anywhere near this place I'm setting him, my computer and my hair on fire. In that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.