• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tahs V Rebels, SFS, April 30 - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
iPhone battery cooked so I am out. That hole for TPN from 8 out was huge. Poor defence from the Rebels already.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Turner having best crack for ages....

Disappointing crowd eh? Blame it on the weather I suppose....

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Interesting. Kaplan should've given a penalty for the Tahs forwards never retreating from an aimless Tahs kick instead he gives on a fee rucks later after Turner marginally slows the ball. Anyway 7 to 3 now.

Cutch with a sneaky pilfer results in more kicking which the Rebels are winning. Tahs playing a kicking game will be painful against this Rebels team.

Burgess penalised for not releasing and fair enough too. Huxley kicks another.

7 to 6 Tahs up. Playing a kicking game vs the Rebels team with Huxley and Gerrard is plain dumb.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Maybe someone should tell the Tahs that they are playing the Rebels, who just happen to miss a lot of tackles. But they can only miss tackles if you hold onto the ball, and run at them. Very annoying.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs wheel he Rebels scrum. Will happen a lot tonight I think, at least until Blake is on for Weeks.

Dickinson comes on to report a late shoulder from Phipps on Burgess. Was late too so Beale attempts to take the penalty. Stupid from Phipps.

Beale kicks it. 10 to 6 26 gone. Not a game for the ages so far. Both teams more interested in kicking.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Betham with a good kick punishes the Tahs again for choosing to kick. Tabs lineout 22 from their own line.

Pretty much a game of forces back at times.

Phipps loses the ball just inside his own half after a sloppy lineout. Wet conditions and both teams seem to want to play percentages. Tahs just can't execute like the Rebels.

Mortlock locks up Burgess from the scrum and Burgess loses it. Mortlock has done his homework. Betham toes through but it goes out.

Rebels steal the lineout but lose it midfield a few rucks later.

Burgess warned to feed the scrum straight.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Burgess kicks a little aimlessly and is once again punished by Huxley. Tabs lineout five out from their own line. Throw steal it.

Rebels screw up midfield for obstruction and Tahs are relieved but don't find touch find the penalty.

Eventually Beale gets a decent kick off which goes out 20 from the Rebels line but Gerrard gets it quickly and once again makes the Tahs pay with a booming kick.

Battery really gone now :(

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
The Tahs have looked their best when they have strung together good running in close through the forwards, with offloads and pops off the ground, THEN spinning it wide. Unfortunately, for the larger part of this game thus far they have neglected it in favour of kicking possession away against a poor defensive side. Frustrating.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Kaplan has been his usual self. Missing things / inventing transgressions and errors, but its been pretty well balanced.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
This is horrible. To think I almost went to the game. Thank fark I didn't.

Good to see the GAGR Rolex fund hard at work with Kaplan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.