• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tahs V Rebels, SFS, April 30 - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Give TPN a rest when Fitzpatrick is back, unfortunately John Ulugia isn't up to the task.

Horne is arguably the most important piece to our team however. Please be back soon.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tell you what, if we are full strength for the finals, (Horne, TPN, Palu, Waugh) then we will threaten for the trophy.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tell you what, if we are full strength for the finals, (Horne, TPN, Palu, Waugh) then we will threaten for the trophy.

You could have the whole Wallaby team in blue, ready for the finals, but if the Tahs keep meandering towards 7th / 8th it won't make a pinch of difference.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Even 5th or 6th is a loser given the Tahs' away-game capabilities.

Yes, Tahs winning the whole shebang from here is hard to see. But if the viewers aim their sights lower and look at one of the possible earlier hurdles it might be interesting.

What Tahs finish 6th and the Reds finish 3rd?

Festival of Understanding III - the Decider!

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yes, Tahs winning the whole shebang from here is hard to see. But if the viewers aim their sights lower and look at one of the possible earlier hurdles it might be interesting.

What Tahs finish 6th and the Reds finish 3rd?

Festival of Understanding III - the Decider!

Love it. Maybe that'll stop the associated match thread turning into the utter shitfight it did last time too. A match I'd love to see too, not that I think the Tahs would walk away with it by any means.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I don't care whether he was concussed or not, he played most of the game at about 60% of his capability [Actually I do care, he's a hero, but the point is mute]. He is way down on his dynamic early season form. The only time he looked like his former self was when he ran in to score.

It looks very much to me like he's trying to stay on the park till we get Fitzpatrick back, which I think is week 14 or 15. Its a tough call because if he does major damage now he won't be right for the finals but if he doesn't play now we won't make the finals. Looks to me like week 16 vs the Bulls and week 17 vs the Highlanders will decide whether we get 6th spot or not. No word on Horne yet? He's crucial to our hopes.

Hawko, I missed what happened to Fatzy. Can you provide details on his injury?
TPN is going to do serious damage to himslef if he continues playing the way he is. Surely they need to pull him aside and say ' hey mate. think about your tackle technique'. You are not an exocet missile. I fear for his long term health. He is a smart guy. I'd hate to see anything changed there due to the head injuries he is continuing to receive. As we know, both the Reds concussion and the Rebels concussion are not the only ones he has sustained in the past 12 months. He needs to change.

And from a completely selfish point of view also, we need TPN fit and healthy if we have any chance of Bringing Back Bill

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
You could have the whole Wallaby team in blue, ready for the finals, but if the Tahs keep meandering towards 7th / 8th it won't make a pinch of difference.

We are 7th now, our run home is pretty good and we have Pakalani, Horne, Fitzy, Waugh, Palu and Vicks to come back. I rekkon we have a pretty good chance of making a wildcard.

D

Dunnman

Slightly off topic.... but can someone tell me if Tom Carter is taking the piss with his haircut. Part on an inside joke or wot not?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Isn't Waugh and Horne possibly ruled out for the rest of the season, or did I miss some afternoon news?

Status
Not open for further replies.