• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tahs V Rebels, SFS, April 30 - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It was only that game against Eastwood that caused me to doubt Betham's top end speed, Hawko. I think everyone expected him to cruise to the line. Instead he looked very pedestrian. Of course it is not often a player has cause to make a 60 metre run on a rugby field.

Actually, I did something close to 60m in our last game 2 weekends ago..... :)

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just found out my old subbies club in Sydney had their games tomorrow postponed, how much this rain would affect the result of this match?

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Dunno, my subbies club is supposedly playing so I can report back on conditions at Fortress Blackmore after my game. My guess - wet and muddy. Relevance to Tahs and the SFS, probably nil...

btw, is there a 'playing rugby in 2011' thread?? I keep searching and can't seem to find one.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Beale tweeted that the knee held up at the captions run and he will retained the kicking duties as well

Go the force!!!!

T

Tahfan

I'm less worried about Kaplan than I am worried about the team. Good to have TPN, Barnes and BEale in, but that would be a great opportunity to play Kingston at 13 instead of Cross, (or at the very least 14 instead of Anesi) and All-cock at 7. Would alos have brought Douglas back for this one - he has better hands and linking play than Timani

Don't know that we should be shunting Kingston around the backline this early. if anyone instead of cross Turner at 13 and Anesi @ 11 made more sense. What a sh!thouse season for injuries, and then to add the insult we get this tosspot by royal appointment "refereeing" us tomorrow and it's going to p!ss rain too.....

Reactions: DPK

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
This could potentially, quite possibly, be the worst Tahs game ever. All the ingredients are there.

I think the real rugby will be played on a grassy knoll somewhere outside the SFS earlier in the afternoon.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
This could potentially, quite possibly, be the worst Tahs game ever. All the ingredients are there.

I think the real rugby will be played on a grassy knoll somewhere outside the SFS earlier in the afternoon.

Topping the effort on the 19th of march will take a full team effort, are we up to it?

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Shades of last week. Tahs can't capitalise on good field position and turn the ball over on the Rebels line.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Do any teams do analysis of Burgess at all? Pillar and post has to stay static always for him.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Beale hobbling already?

Tags with all the field position so far but nothing to show for it.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kaplan missed an obvious holding the ball when tackled, by Rebels and then too strict w the 10m rule when it came to Beale following up on his bomb...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Already attack from both teams is looking a tad static.

Weeks starting with Yoda at LH. Think they will struggle a bit. Yoda at TH has been a rock this year.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Beale and Turner combine nicely on the edg of the field. And then a brainless chip.

Beale with space again but easily tackled. Already he looks a step slow and seems to be struggling. Damnit.

Barnes drops the ball after having a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.