• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Kings Old Boys, whilst never a powerhorse, also in a similar predicament.

Long time Div 2 competitors tho - decades in the past now.

That sweet spot of 3rd to 5th graders with a sprinkling of 1s and 2s that the school tied clubs used to get is drying up, and they're seemingly left with whatever doesn't go to the Shute clubs, which isn't an awful lot.

A few times now down at our ground - which has Renegades banners prominently featured - I've seen a few lads in their late teens kicking a ball. Introduced myself, and off the back of spending good money on social media promotion, have asked where they're playing. "Eastwood" is the usual reply, shortly followed by "Are Renegades a new club?"

:rolleyes:

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
BOM is forecasting 11mm tomorrow at Newport. Last time they did that we got 85mm. Yet another rain soaked day on the beaches awaits.

Champagne Rugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
DIV 2 predictions

Newport v Beecroft - Newport are undefeated and some of the wins have been by decent margins. Beecroft smashed Hills last week and have shown promise in most games with multiple losing bonus points in 1st half of the season, however only have 2 wins on the board. I suspect this game will go one of two ways (1) a very close game or (2) Newport with a full bench at home running away with a big win. Tipping Newport by 5.

St Pats v Petersham - The former division 1 clubs battle it out and should be a good day with 4 grades + colts. Was tight last time between the two teams with Petersham narrow victors in round 1. A lot has changed since then with pats only losing the one game since whilst the shammies have only picked up the one win. I expect this trend to continue and Pats to show round 1 was an anomaly, Pats by 10.

Hills v UNSW - Hills started the season off with a bang with two miraculous comebacks including against UNSW, since then they have struggled not winning a game. UNSW haven't played in a month due to wet weather, creating a little rust, but it also means they shouldn't be carrying many injuries. I suspect UNSW learnt a lot in round 1 and wont let the same thing happen again and will get their first win of the season. UNSW by 12.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It's becoming a joke this sunny all week rain on the weekend business..
Forecast for Field Of Dreams was a couple of mm yesterday. Now this rubbish:

Screenshot_20240621-192003.png

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ah wait I'm looking at the Sydney forecast there as I'm in the CBD right now.

Stand down, everyone. Crisis over. Kellyville forecast:

Screenshot_20240621-204806.png

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Field of dreams might get a little more moisture than expected.

Certainly did! Rain woke me up earlier this morning a couple of times. Looks like the coast got about 28mm and we got about half that further west.

It has finished for now, so by 2PM the field will be nice and soft. Might be the odd annoying shower out here later, as the coastal fringe cops a bit more.

Wind is already heading NNE so that should start to blow it away from us. High pressure moving east right now colliding with Lows off the coast, so depends who wins that.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Think where at the stage where these banked up wet weathers just need to be called draws. The cards then fall where they land.

Option to play double points for those washed out in R1-7 exists, but yeah 8-14 are going to be tricky to navigate.

There's no clause in the Ops manual for a split-points no result, but that's old school thinking.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Don’t think there will be too much agreement from those living close to Kellyville. Junior League cancelled. Buckets at Rouse Hill.

Unfortunately those ground closures have to consider multiple grounds across the same region. I know Rhinos called theirs but by the time they reached out to PDJRU the decision was made at a higher level to scrap it.

We've got a few hours for any surface water to drain. Junior League doesn't

The ultimate ressie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Two of those will be double points in the return leg (R4 Redfield, R7 Canterbury).

One will be wet weather (Kings R8) but today's R9 v Hornsby? Where do you run that? Midweek is deeply unpopular.
Let the boys play under lights
On the flip side who wants to roll into work on a Thursday morning likely hung over and feeling like you have been hit by a train