• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

SubbiesSoftie

Stan Wickham (3)
Ahhh yes, divisional barbs, well done! When you're ready to address the safety concerns of an over-age player competing in an age restricted competition, let me know what corner of Concord Oval you would like to meet at!

Northies

Stan Wickham (3)
Hahahahahaha good one!

Allowance for dispensation has been in place for years, if it's such a player safety concern, surely you would have done something about it before now, you know, for the sake of all clubs and not just your own. Just weird it's come now when you play unsw tomorrow.

SubbiesSoftie

Stan Wickham (3)
You'll notice he didn't play against St Pat's in their previous game, obviously I don't get a say in what other clubs agree to play against.
Bringing it up on this forum is not 'doing something about it', just a great stimulant for conversation and intellectual debate (I'll let you know when that's finished so you can feel comfortable rejoining the conversation).

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
I'll be at the Burra Savers game, but can't offer much by way of a preview as I haven't seen the Savers play.

Savers did beat them in their one clash this year, up there, Even though Burra come in as higher ranked side.

I did hear one of the savers guns(don't know which player/position) got hurt last week, so not sure whether he plays this week.

Edit: Apparently it was the fullback and he isn't listed on the app this week.

Last edited:

CrashBandicoot

Bob McCowan (2)
At Concord.

Epping in a very defensive battle against Newport. Got up with a Penalty on the bell. Well Deserved premiers

Newport too strong in Blunt. Petersham kept coming but the breakers were too good in the end.

Pats up early in Colts

Tobias2024

Frank Row (1)
If Epping want to not play 1’s and celebrate a premiership that’s ok… congratulations… but the fact that they have celebrated players playing “100” first grade games this year is laughable… rebuild the club… do what you need to do to survive, that’s fine but the sanctity of playing 100 first grade games for a club is paramount…. And the fact that they are celebrating players that haven’t done that is yucky…. You either play 100 first grade games or you don’t…

AJGray

Frank Row (1)

Attachments

• IMG_0278.jpeg
    IMG_0278.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 246

Heure

Peter Burge (5)
A lot of people on social media, and around the grounds not happy with the Epping situation.

but fair play to them, they pulled the pigs tail when their snout was in the trough.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Joy Johnson - Need I say it? Hornsby by more than a bit.

DIV 4 - Grose Cup - Berries by 10.

DIV 4 - McLean Cup - Hornsby by 3

Irish put on a really valiant effort in Joy Johnson, and could have put on more points, just losing their way on a couple of vital plays. Hornsby blew it out with some late tries which is how far ahead of the pack they are. Champions 55-12

Raptors and Canterbury went blow for blow early but Berries had more size as well as a bigger bench and eventually ran over the top of them, 36-12. Berries probably lucky not to see more cheese earlier in the game.

Hornsby took control of the McLean Cup game early, and while Raptors threatened to strike, the fitness and cohesion of the minor premiers, welcoming back a basically full-strength side, had the answers. Smart, controlled game plan and back to their form of the first half of the season. Hornsby 38-17.

SubbiesSoftie

Stan Wickham (3)
He was a part of the coaching team that took St Pat's to 2nd in the club championship, I can't imagine they will be looking for a replacement.

Personally, I've always enjoyed the discussion and arguments that happen on this forum. I have taken part in most of them myself! Yet I have never seen anyone directly attack a volunteer based on what I can only assume is their ability to guide a squad into the grand final? While not directly involved in any area of coaching selection in the club, I hope Phil knows that he is a major aspect of St Pat's rugby, and will be welcomed back to go 1 better in 2025