• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Colts 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keithy

Un Colts 2 are good things. It would take a big hiccup for the 2s to fall over. Colts 1 and Colts 3 will be top 6 but ??? marks over ther ability to win the premiership. I can only recall English and Stirzacker coming back from grade. Will other players return now Uni has their S15 players on board?

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
In my opinion, the Colts comp has been destroyed by Uni and the lack of action from NSWRU

K

Keithy

Watched Uni beat West Harbour with good skills and Parra beat Warringah 25 - 20.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Did anyone watch Randwick v Easts or Manly v Eastwood would've been belters.

woods lost half back after 10 mins and five eight early in first half. Led but defend most of second half. manly too good in the end. Number 8 and number 7 for manly for very good.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Eastwood were the dominant team for probably 74 minutes. Unfortunately for them the game goes for 80. Eastwood won the breakdown but were penalised alot for other infringements. Manly half Max Beer yellow carded at the end of the first half.
Scoring was as follows.
Woodies 7 -0
Manly 7 -7
Woodies 10 - 7
Woodies 15 - 7
Woodies 15 - 12
Manly 19 - 15
Manly 22 - 15

W

waves

Thanks Rob and Lily, Anyone have reports on Sydney University v West Harbour & Randwick v Easts games.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I can tell you about the first round Easts v Randwick game. I even gave a brief report on it. My guess is that it was the same only this time the team that dominated for most of the match, Easts, were ahead on the scoreboard.
Not quite what you want I know.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
A few Soft tries early for easts, randwick got back to within a point in the second half, but a serious looking injury to randwick number 8 and an iffy yellow card against Zeb Holmes (for lifting keliti in a tackle?) with ten to go saw easts get the money in the end. easts 10 and 15 played well, for the most part easts forwards outmuscled randwick up front, although 1, 8 and 7 were strong.

W

waves

A few Soft tries early for easts, randwick got back to within a point in the second half, but a serious looking injury to randwick number 8 and an iffy yellow card against Zeb Holmes (for lifting keliti in a tackle?) with ten to go saw easts get the money in the end. easts 10 and 15 played well, for the most part easts forwards outmuscled randwick up front, although 1, 8 and 7 were strong.

Thanks for the report fellas how did Uni v Wests play out I saw the results 45 - 5 convincing win after a disappointing loss to Easts. Standouts ?

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I avoided responding earlier, waves, mainly because I tend to focus only on the Uni players. Concentrating on my own club's players is something I have always done which means that I can't really comment on the Wests boys. No disrespect intended.

After a couple of disappointing displays Uni really aimed up in this match. The forwards were prepared to take on the predictably enthusiastic and big Wests pack. When Uni are up for the physical contest they tend to run away with the game in the final quarter as they did on this occasion. Earlier on Wests looked quite competitive.

Uni were aided by Sam Talakai coming back from First Grade to play tight head and Tom English playing 13 after spending most of the season in First or Second Grade. Both showed the benefits of regularly matching it with senior players.

James Dargaville was switched from 8 to 12 and had a sound and physical game. This move meant that Will Skelton came back into Firsts to lock the scrum. Once again he proved very difficult to contain, did some good work defensively in tight, and is starting to play good football rather than just relying on his size.

Stuart Dunbar played a more disciplined game at 10 than some of his recent efforts giving good service to his centres. On the wings the speedy Brad Panayiotou had an impressive game while Jack Sullivan made his debut in Firsts. He played soundly although the ball tended to go to the other wing, but it is clear that his future is now in the centres where he can better use his size.

I will try to make a few notes next time I watch a Colts game so that I can at least acknowledge the efforts of opposition players.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I watched the game also ,& agree with your summation overall .
I thought the teams were pretty evenly matched in the forwards , but once it got past the 5/8 Uni were clearly superior.
One area of minor disagreement though is with Big Willie.
He is hard to contain on occasions , but his mobility limits him , & I think he will struggle at the senior level where his size advantage would be largely negated.

W

waves

Many thanks for the reports Bruce and Done That. Any standout games this weekend ?

K

Keithy

Does anyone know if any Colts games have been switched to opposition grounds. Big call if Uni have to go to Penith. Penrith could be a chance to roll the students.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Does anyone know if any Colts games have been switched to opposition grounds. Big call if Uni have to go to Penith. Penrith could be a chance to roll the students.

rumours are gordon v parra colts has been moved to granville

K

Keithy

You do realise I suppose, Keithy, that Penrith does not have teams in Colts I or Colts II.

i know Penrith only have the one side and have won 2 matches vs Easts and Norths and drew with Eastwood. I know Uni Colts 3 are play some 16 year olds and Penrith have some Panther NYC players so just thought they could be a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.